Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-20-2004, 05:50 PM

Default Converting to limit, and I\'m bad. 2 hands..

At the advice of my NL pupil Fsu_player, I have made a decision to give limit a try. I played my first 1k hand session this afternoon of 1/2 sh and the immediate differences were almost comical.

- 3 Tabling I was seeing about 75 extra hands/hr and my head was basically spinning.

- I find myself betting my oppenents hands almost as often as I bet my own.

- 1/2 party players are undeniably amazing at poker.

There were quite a few hands I was unsure of, but here's two that stuck out in my memory.

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed)

Preflop: Hero is CO with K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
UTG calls, MP folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">Button 3-bets</font>, SB folds, BB folds, UTG folds, Hero calls.

Flop: (8.50 SB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Button raises</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (6.25 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">Button bets</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 7.25 BB

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed)

Preflop: Hero is Button with A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. CO posts a blind of $1.
UTG folds, MP calls, <font color="CC3333">CO (poster) raises</font>, Hero calls, SB calls, BB folds, MP calls.

Flop: (9 SB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, MP checks, <font color="CC3333">CO bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB folds, MP folds, CO calls.

Turn: (6.50 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
CO checks, Hero checks.

River: (6.50 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">CO bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 8.50 BB

Thanks guys
Old 10-20-2004, 06:19 PM

Default Re: Converting to limit, and I\'m bad. 2 hands..

NL pupil Fsu_player

pupil my ass. we'll see tonight! might want to cash in some party winnings first.

and its fsuplayer, son.

first hand: why lead out at the flop. most 3 betters are raising you with any two cards here, as the flop is very ugly.

I would lead at this flop (after the pf action) with any PP, or any ten. then you dont mind the raise so utg folds his Qj,A9 or any other hands with high cards.

with a PP or ten i want to be HU with the 3bettor.

i would check call and peel one off. fold the turn if it doesnt give you a K, J, Q, or club. CR if it brings a K or J.

hand #2: misplayed on every street.

3 bet this every single time a CO open raises. also 3bet A9s+, A10o+, and KJo+ or 66+.

since you raised the flop, bet the turn, you have outs and that is where you will most likely take it down, as well as maybe folding low PP's.

fold the river.

gl in the transition bud,

fsuplayer
Old 10-20-2004, 06:28 PM

hand #2: misplayed on every street.

3 bet this every single time a CO open raises. also 3bet A9s+, A10o+, and KJo+ or 66+.

since you raised the flop, bet the turn, you have outs and that is where you will most likely take it down, as well as maybe folding low PP's.

fold the river

Dang, I had only convinced myself that I misplayed this PF and on the river. I don't disagree with you on the turn bet, but i'm still not convinced my flop play was incorrect.
I think calling is almost as bad as folding.

<font color="black"> </font>
Old 10-20-2004, 06:35 PM

no, the flop play was fine in the situation, but i meant that you shouldnt have been in that situation on the flop if you 3 bet pf.

but as it was, raising the flop was just fine.

use these next time

[ QUOTE ]

blah blah blah

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 10-20-2004, 06:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I'm a big whining dork.

[/ QUOTE ]

Got it, Thanks!
Old 10-20-2004, 06:48 PM

Hand 1: Fold the flop

Hand 2: 3bet or fold preflop. Bet the flop and continue until met with aggression.