Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-20-2004, 09:38 AM

Default Now I\'m CONVINCED online poker is rigged!

Friends:

I dont think any serious PP players will be able to dispute the following observations. I have experienced this phenomenon at a ever-increasing rate.

It seems to me that when a player suffers a bad beat, such as holds AK, flops top pair, and gets run down by a turned or rivered two pair, it seems like a VERY high percentage of the time that player plays the next hand, ram and jams it, and ends up hitting on the river. I see hands like 86s, 33, etc., getting played in this manner, and hitting an abnormal percentage of the time.

I have adjusted my PP strategy accordingly. If I see a fellow get run down on a tough beat and raises the next hand (whether I'm the one who won the previous hand or not), I will GREATLY tighten my pre-flop playing standards, to adjust to PP's wanting to keep the semi-tilted player in action, creating bigger pots, etc.

I even mucked QQ in MP after the previous hand's loser raised in EP, even though I was sure I was ahead pre-flop, because I knew the cards would fall favorably for him. The result? About $200 saved when the fellow hit his straight on the river.

This strategy has saved me several hundred BBs in the last two months, and I encourage other PPers to employ it.

Best Wishes and Good Luck,

TSP
Old 10-20-2004, 09:41 AM

Default Re: Now I\'m CONVINCED online poker is rigged!

even though this is a (not funny) joke, please post it in a different forum.
Old 10-20-2004, 10:23 AM

So you're saying when YOU get a bad beat, the thing to do is jam every street til the river (no matter what you are dealt) on the very next hand?

Hmm. You might be on to something here. Why not try this for a month or so, and let us know how it turns out?
Old 10-20-2004, 11:56 AM

Most holdem hands aren't that different hot/cold. AK is not a huge favorite vs 57s preflop. Consequently, when idiots decided to go to the river no matter what on a particular hand they are going to win a decent number of pots.
Old 10-20-2004, 12:52 PM

Party software is amazingly intelligent. I believe it uses the same positronic matrix used by Lt. Commander Data. So it has needs and wants, can sense who is on tilt, who is good and who is a fish, etc. *

Look what it did to me, I got AA cracked by AKs who rivered a flush, and cost me a huge pot. Simultaneously on another table, I won a 28BB pot with a rivered nut flush which was good despite the paired board.

Then, since it knew I wasn't tilted because of my big win on the other table, on the original table on the very next hand it gave the same opponent AA to follow his AKs, which beat my 88 in a heads up pot. Clearly I did not hit my set because it already gave me a big pot on the other table, so it knew it did not need to give me another one.

And to think, it does all of this without being detectable by people who examine the card distributions. Amazing.

* - Or, maybe it really is just fair and random. Occam's razor and all that.
Old 10-20-2004, 01:02 PM

Tired, weak, and unfunny. Try out your material on the Internet forum rather than mucking up a strategy forum that already has enough garbage in it.
Old 10-20-2004, 01:16 PM

El D, c'mon man, this is good stuff!

Tell ya what, I'll organize a prvt 15-30 table full of fish and let ya beat em up. I just want you to be happy!

TSP
Old 10-20-2004, 01:20 PM

"So you're saying when YOU get a bad beat, the thing to do is jam every street til the river (no matter what you are dealt) on the very next hand?"

well that's the way ive been playing my whole life and it's done very well. but i rarely play online.
Old 10-20-2004, 01:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
El D, c'mon man, this is good stuff!

Tell ya what, I'll organize a prvt 15-30 table full of fish and let ya beat em up. I just want you to be happy!

[/ QUOTE ]

Who needs a private table? [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Seriously, man, you've had much better work. Everyone has missteps once in a while. No need to beat yourself up over it. Just try harder next time.
Old 10-20-2004, 04:35 PM

rarely do i laugh out loud in my office when no one is around. . .