Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Psychology
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-19-2004, 09:24 PM

Default Dave S. Enough Please

As much as I respect the works of David Sklansky and his opinions as well as having most of his works on the game. I would appreciate that you please consider moving your topics about religion and stuff to the other topics forum and leave this forum to the psychology of the game.
I am puzzled why this forum is used for this unrelated off topic mindstuff.
The sheep have herded here to spout their opinions and I search for the answer "why here in this forum" [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img].
Continued success dave. Your works on the game are tremendously insiteful. [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

jim grass
Old 10-19-2004, 09:40 PM

Default Re: Dave S. Enough Please

You have the nerve to challenge the great Sklanksy, the Sklanskinator, King Sklanksy, the all mighty Sklansk, D Sklizzle? Don't be too shocked if your dead tomorrow morning.
Old 10-19-2004, 10:08 PM

God damn it!
Oh wait, that's off topic.
/M
Old 10-19-2004, 11:37 PM

[quote D Sklizzle

[/ QUOTE ]

Lol. If I ever happen to bump into David at the Bellagio, I'll be tempted to use this one but I'm sure he wouldn't be very amused if I did.
Old 10-21-2004, 04:26 AM

I believe religion deserves to be in the psychology forum because the specific beliefs of any particular religion are so obviously farfetched that there must be a psycholigical syndrome that makes some people believe in them.
Old 10-21-2004, 08:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I believe religion deserves to be in the psychology forum because the specific beliefs of any particular religion are so obviously farfetched that there must be a psycholigical syndrome that makes some people believe in them.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's basically what I said. Maybe they'll listen to you.

~D
Old 10-21-2004, 09:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I must respectfully disagree. This forum is for the discussion of psychology as it relates to poker play. Discussions of religion that really don't relate to poker play (except in the most tenuous manner) really belong in another forum. Understand, it is difficult to write this to someone responsible for so many of the thousands I've made playing poker, but I think this forum has been hijacked.

-Milo
Old 10-21-2004, 10:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

do you feel that it is your duty to correct these peoples beliefs? why does it bother you that people believe in g-d? who has given you the moral authority to correct peoples misguided conceptions? it seems as if you want people to stop believeing in things they believe in simply because you dont believe in them. most people (granted not all) dont try to sway your non-beliefs into beliefs, why do you try to do exactly that to them? let people believe what they want to believe. we will all find out who is right eventually. that being said, the statement that people who believe in g-d have a psychological "syndrome" is completely unfair. it is just as unlikely that the universe was just there and that it just so happened that there was this big bang and life was just spontaneously created as it is that there was some being behind that creation. i could make the same statement that people who dont believe in g-d and believe everything happened randomly have a psychological "syndrome". we all by now understand that you are not a supporter of religion but please stop being so condescending to those who do believe in it.
Old 10-21-2004, 11:03 AM

Well, no matter what label a person wears wittingly or unwittingly, Christian, Agnostic, Buddhist, Atheist, Sceptic ...
There is one common thread:
We are all looking for answers.
Looking for answers is the energy that drives this web site.
Looking for answers is the engine that drives human evolution.
/M
Old 10-21-2004, 11:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
believe religion deserves to be in the psychology forum because the specific beliefs of any particular religion are so obviously farfetched that there must be a psycholigical syndrome that makes some people believe in them.

[/ QUOTE ]

Of course that doesn't address the issue at all. Religion is a Psychology topic. Religion is not a gambling psychology topic. As you know, the Forums are organized by categories...psychology comes under General Gambling. In other words, if it doesn't relate to the physchology of gambling it is off topic. (Just as News, Views, Gossip should be gambling related news, views, gossip...just as one small stakes forum deals with Limit and one deals with Pot-Limit & No Limit.)