Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-19-2004, 02:55 PM

Default absolute bonus money is expiring

Looks like they finally decided to enforce the 90 day pending bonus rule. doesn't really matter to me, i stopped playing there a long time ago.

Thank you for playing at Absolute Poker.

We are sending you a reminder to let you know that you currently have $1392.80 in your bonus Pending Account that will expire on 2004-10-26.

As per the Terms & Conditions of our bonus awards, The Bonus Amount will automatically be added to your Pending Bonus account where it will be held and automatically released to your cash account based on the following easy requirements; for each raked hand (minimum rake of $0.25) you play you will receive 1 point, and you will receive 1 point for each $1 of tournament buy-in fee. At 100 points $10 will be transferred from your Pending Bonus account to your cash account.

Please let us know if you have any questions about your account.

Good luck at the tables!

Team Absolute

patient77
Old 10-19-2004, 04:09 PM

Default Re: absolute bonus money is expiring

Interesting.
I got no such e-mail and my account has been stuck on $2210 in pending bonus-dough since mid-August.

I might try playing there again just to see if uninstalling and reinstalling the program will work better.
If it continues to slow-down my computer than no-can-do.
Old 10-19-2004, 04:15 PM

I got the email today too. Only bonus funds older than 60 days will expire though.

As long as they offer new bonuses often, then this should not be a problem. If they stop the new offers, they will be killing a lot of the action on their site.
Old 10-19-2004, 04:21 PM

There bonuses suck anyway. For my little bonus of $193, I have to play 1930 raked hands. Does that sound a bit unreasonably for clearing a bonus? A lot of the other sites don't require as much play and release it all at once after completing the raked hands. Absolute pays out bonus in increments of $10 per 100 hands you play. That kinda sucks. Do others feel that way?
Old 10-19-2004, 04:22 PM

I have not gotten this email yet, but I do have a lot of old bonuses built up, "only" about $950. If I do get this email, and my bonuses expire, it's bye bye Absolute. I kind of like this site, but there is just nowhere near enough game selection there. I don't think I've ever seen more than 3 2/4 full ring games going. It's been nice that they have handed out all these bonuses, but without a decent game selection I never play there site long enough to get a chunk of the bonus cleared.
Old 10-19-2004, 04:25 PM

I make about one deposit a month, so that I always have some bonus money there, if I ever run out of other bonuses at other sites, I may even go clear some.
Old 10-19-2004, 04:25 PM

I don't know how good the competition is there or he availability of tables, but working off the bonus doesn't sound bad at all. $193 for 1930 raked hands. That's pretty much in line with some typical Party bonuses of $100 for 1000 raked hands, and those go quick. I suppose if the site has low traffic it could take a while though.
Old 10-19-2004, 04:26 PM

Unreasonable? no. Its free money, they can do what they.
Does it suck? yes. Is it one of the reasons I don't play there? yes.
Old 10-19-2004, 04:28 PM

Try it. The nice thing is that the bonus clears in $10 increments, so if you decide you don't like it, you can stop without losing a partially cleared lump sum bonus.
Old 10-19-2004, 04:31 PM

I tried it at UB. Yeah, it's free money, but it's still acrappy bonus requirement.