Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-18-2004, 02:00 AM

Default What should I analyze in Poker Tracker?

I've got about 5000 hands logged in Poker Tracker and routinely look through my position stats, aggressive factor, VP$IP, BB/100 and notes on other players. I also look at which hands are my biggest winners/losers but I dont think this is too useful now since AKs is my biggest loser, 3 wins out of 14.

I love this database and I just wanted to make sure I'm not overlooking something that you guys find to be very useful. Thanks
Old 10-18-2004, 02:48 AM

Default Re: What should I analyze in Poker Tracker?

I like to look at my most successful sessions/days and see if I can find trends in how I play specific hands. For example, I noticed that on a day when I made about 100BBs, I wasn't overplaying my AK-AT when I missed the flop. On days when I'm losing a lot of money, I tend to try to force things to happen, which ultimately just makes me lose more money. The fact is, in addition to keeping track of your stats, PT lets you look back at specific hands, which is incredibly useful if you want to find specific trends in your own betting patterns which lead to success.
Old 10-18-2004, 08:38 AM

I think it's important, as you said, to know what NOT to look at...BB/100 can be nice to look at if it's green, but know that 5000 hands isn't very many at all and your BB/100 will definitely change. I personally have used PT to find that I'm wayyyy too loose out of the SB...46%.

also, there's a thred by bisonbison called "Some notes on notes" that has him talking about how he uses PT to track his opponents' play.
Old 10-18-2004, 08:39 AM

I think it's important, as you said, to know what NOT to look at...BB/100 can be nice to look at if it's green, but know that 5000 hands isn't very many at all and your BB/100 will definitely change. I personally have used PT to find that I'm wayyyy too loose out of the SB...46%.

also, there's a thred by bisonbison that you should search for called "Some notes on notes" that has him talking about how he uses PT to track his opponents' play...the auto rate feature is very nice
Old 10-18-2004, 08:46 AM

we got that one in stereo, dude.

Some notes on notes (Bison)
Old 10-18-2004, 08:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I've got about 5000 hands logged in Poker Tracker and routinely look through my position stats, aggressive factor, VP$IP, BB/100

[/ QUOTE ]

You'll drive yourself nuts doing this. Look at those stats every 10k hands.