Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-15-2004, 03:38 PM

Default You suck

I saw a player named Twoplus2. Whoever you are, you suck. Change your name. Don't misinterpret this as a joke. I posted this here, b/c the player plays 2/4 & would be visiting the SS forum.
Old 10-15-2004, 03:52 PM

Default Re: You suck

I fail to understand what you are upset about with someone using that for a handle.
Old 10-15-2004, 03:57 PM

I played against him at $3/6. He feigned ignorance of me, so he's either being coy or doesn't read the forums.
Old 10-15-2004, 03:58 PM

Sorry, maybe it's just me then. I don't like people at the table saying "hey twoplustwo is great! let's talk poker strategy that i learned from there". I have a tendency to safeguard my poker knowledge.
Old 10-15-2004, 03:59 PM

i played with a guy at 2-4 named newtsklansky.......hehe

really though, its fine, if anything it makes it easier for YOU to make reads on him.
Old 10-15-2004, 04:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Sorry, maybe it's just me then. I don't like people at the table saying "hey twoplustwo is great! let's talk poker strategy that i learned from there". I have a tendency to safeguard my poker knowledge.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's another issue (not that it would bother me so much if someone said that). But because someone uses "twoplustwo" in their handle does not mean that everyone is going to google that phrase in case it turns out to be the name of the preeminent poker discussion board. I mean I don't randomly google handles for hidden meanings and I can't imagine many people do so.
Old 10-15-2004, 04:02 PM

it's not like his handle is everythingiknowaboutpokerilearnedattwoplustwo.com

Anyone who knows what his handle means probably already knows about the forums. There are far more important things to worry about.

-McGee
Old 10-15-2004, 04:31 PM

There's another point that I feel is worth making that I'm not sure gets mentioned enough -- sure some people might learn a little by glancing at the forums a bit, but just like any other discipline, becoming a real good poker player takes a lot of work! Reading books, playing hands, posting hands, re-reading books, study, study, study, etc...

While it's true that people may figure out that playing A3o from UTG+1 is a bad idea pretty quickly, it's still going to take a bit of dedication for the average person to become a 'good' player.

To be honest, I don't think we have to be worried about safeguarding poker knowledge and info like they're the keys to the kingdom, because when push comes to shove, I don't think enough people are willing to put in this kind of effort.

That said, I certainly don't advertise places like this to people I don't personally know and like. No reason for them to know I might have a clue what I'm doing. (...though I certainly use that phrase loosely! [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img])

Just my two cents anyhow...
Regards,
-Brian
Old 10-15-2004, 05:56 PM

doesnt it just piss you off that on the back of all books published by 2+2 it says "for the best discussion of poker and gambling on the internet, visit our website at www.twoplustwo.com" ?? i mean.. theres a chance, that someone might see that and come here.. like you did.. ....
Old 10-15-2004, 05:58 PM

I'm not sure it takes that much effort to become a solid, winning grinder if your intelligence is in the high percentiles. You probably have to read a few books.

-Michael