Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-15-2004, 12:47 AM

Default boombastic

im not sure if this hand will be informative to me, informative to other posters, somewhat interesting, or not interesting at all.

all amounts converted to dollars
background: im sitting at a 2/4 pl unlimited buyin game while on the waiting list for the 6/6 pl. i bought in for 300, and have about 475 when this hand was played and my opponent has me covered. to get to 475 ive won several pots without much risk. ive played with most of these players for 10 hours or more before, and feel like i have good control over the table. i feel i can both outplay and outread most. edit: oh yea, ive played in this game 3 times, and have won all three times a good amount. im guessing that he has been sitting with me in one of these games, though im not positive about how many hours. my image is solid to those thats are watching, though again im not positive how much he knows about me.

the BB in this hand is probably the most tight player preflop at the table. ive sat with him for several hours before and none of his plays have struck me as strange or bad. i think he is a good, disciplined player that plays tight preflop

3 limpers including me in the button with 89, BB raises to 16. i call.
flop: 7,10,4 rainbow. he pretty quickly bets 40 or so. i call.
turn: 8. he bets 90 semi quickly. i am sure by now he has AA or KK, though i was semi confident on the flop. i raise 200 more to make it 290 to go.
Old 10-15-2004, 01:04 AM

Default Re: boombastic

whats going on with the flop here? did everyone else fold after the preflop raise? i think thats pretty important, as far as the turn goes, you give a read that he is kind of tight weak but that doesnt mean he will necessarily lay this down here, actually i think by your description so far hes more likely to call than lay it down
Old 10-15-2004, 01:07 AM

everyone else folded preflop
Old 10-15-2004, 01:14 AM

some tight players will never let go of big overpairs when they finally get them. is he this type player?

against a weak tightie i like this, against a good tight player, its iffy, i might just take the cheap card.
Old 10-15-2004, 01:17 AM

oh crap i messed up the amounts in this hand. all the numbers except the 2/4 part are in pounds. multiply everything by 2

he has about 1000, i have 900.
3 limpers including me in the button with 89, BB raises to 32. i call.
flop: 7,10,4 rainbow. he pretty quickly bets 80 or so. i call.
turn: 8. he bets 180 semi quickly. i am sure by now he has AA or KK, though i was semi confident on the flop. i raise 400 more to make it 580 to go.
Old 10-15-2004, 01:17 AM

ok, well i like the preflop call more with some callers but ok, why not allin on the turn, your forced to call if he raises you allin, the only reason to bet 290 is if you think he'll read a 290 bet as the straight and an allin as a semibluff, doesnt seem too likely to me, if you decide to make this play after the 7 hits i think you have to go allin on the turn
Old 10-15-2004, 01:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
why not allin on the turn,

[/ QUOTE ]

this is pot limit
Old 10-15-2004, 01:21 AM

what hands do you think he will have to put me on given my preflop, flop, and turn play?
Old 10-15-2004, 01:23 AM

ah, damn english
Old 10-15-2004, 01:26 AM

you are trying to represent a set or two pair etc., but would you raise the full pot here with those? it almost smells like a bet that doesnt want a call. That being said, i hope he doesnt have JJ and raise you all in here, bc you have to call now.

i think he folds AA or KK here, at least i would

edit: whoops, i though JJ was open-ended on the turn when i wrote that. anywho, i would much rather call here with JJ if i was him, i hate drawing dead. [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]