Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-14-2004, 06:34 AM

Default Suspicious Behavior

Don't worry. This isn't a sob story about losing big to a massive suck out or anything like that. I was up for the day so no complaints there.

A character entered the room, posted, and on his/her first hand cracked a solid pair of Kings with 7/4o. They raised and reraised preflop, on the flop, turn, and river. Thing is, he/she didn't catch his bottom two pair until the turn/river.

Ok, so a maniac. Not bad, love these guys in the game. Cash cows right? Well no, he/she then proceeded to fold every hand for two orbits until he pulls this r/rr/catch on the turn/river stunt again, this time a house vs a striaght.

Ooookay. Weird. Usually maniacs play lots of hands, not 2 in 2 1/2 orbits. So this pattern goes on for a few hours. Turns 10BB into 100BB, not by playing good hands or even playing lots of hands and catching stuff, but by playing a few hands(all junk/semi-junk) and cracking big pairs/two pair/striaghts/flushes. No leaks, no aggressive play with solid pocket cards, etc. All money gained by raising strong hands and catching.

Naturally the room is pissed by this point, everyone spitting fireballs at him/her in chat. Not a peep. In fact all he/she does is fold or crack big hands. No hesitation either, every action is auto-pilot speed.

Now if I was looking for a case of hacking or something, this is what I would look for. I'm not going to say who or where becuase this could all turn out to be a simple, one time fluke. But doesn't it sound strange?
Old 10-14-2004, 06:49 AM

Default Re: Suspicious Behavior

Selective memory.
Old 10-14-2004, 07:01 AM

No, it wasn't that, I was looking for specific behaviors from this guy, not just noticing this stuff here and there. I pretty much eyeballed him/her the entire time.

If he/she had done anything different, like playing a big hand from the beginning, overplaying a bluff, playing way too many hands, etc, I would have just nodded and move my focus elsewhere, but this was just queer. Not something I could dismiss as coincidence or selective memory.
Old 10-14-2004, 07:53 AM

That was perfect use of an state-of-the-art Pattern Mapper by yours truly. After that session, I changed ID's and proceeded to do the same at other tables.
Old 10-14-2004, 08:06 AM

Are you implying that cheating is possible? [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-14-2004, 08:23 AM

That was me. I was drunk. I wont do it again. Sorry about the chat, but I could only type "dflkajfn" which nobody really wanted to see.
Old 10-14-2004, 08:46 AM

All along you were following this "suspicious behavior", but you didnt think to collect the hand historys did you?
Old 10-14-2004, 09:12 AM

Hand histories, schmand histories! It is worth nothing compared to anectdotal evidence!
Old 10-14-2004, 09:28 AM

Full hand histories of the entire session or don't post about it again.
Old 10-14-2004, 10:13 AM

Now if I was looking for a case of hacking or something, this is what I would look for

so would the sites. one of the things they look for are unusual winning patters. what site was it?