Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-13-2004, 07:10 PM

Default One World Government

There's a post down the board a bit in which the subject of "one world government" comes up. After reading it I was inspired to start a thread of my own, since apparently nobody agrees with me (what a silly reason, I know).

One world government is a goal to be aspired to, and is in fact essential if the human race is ever going to get anywhere as a species. Advancing technology will, over time, tend to smooth out the cultural differences that presently make OWG impractical.

Keep in mind, this is a long-term view. I'm not talking about during my lifetime, or probably within the next hundred years. I'm just saying, eventually we have to get there. [I just wanted to clarify that I'm not talking about GWB ruling the world or anything crazy like that]
Old 10-13-2004, 08:51 PM

Default Re: One World Government

Along way off but if we manage to survive it will happen. And a good thing too.
Old 10-13-2004, 09:10 PM

I can't see why any government should be aspired to.
Old 10-13-2004, 09:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I can't see why any government should be aspired to

[/ QUOTE ]

Then, your stupid. Heres a clue. Organisation.
Old 10-13-2004, 11:01 PM

it may happen, but in no way is it advantageous. many groups of people will be left out in decisions and local knowledge will often be ignored. read "rule of experts" by Timothy Mitchell to understand why a supergovernment is a bad idea. if its advantage is organiZation, the government will be MUCH too large to effectively organize.

rj
Old 10-13-2004, 11:07 PM

An effective way of doing it would be a US form of government. I.E. multiple branches of government but in this case you have the:
a) cities
b) small principalities (states)
c) larger principalities that could hold 10-15 states (countries)
d) then the federal (world government).
Old 10-13-2004, 11:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
if its advantage is organiZation, the government will be MUCH too large to effectively organize.

rj

[/ QUOTE ]

English people use the "s" instead of the "z" in many words. Organise, authorise...you get my drift.

-Edge
Old 10-13-2004, 11:10 PM

It is spelled Organize or Organise, but most common references are Organize. So he was in fact right in his spelling. Organise is being phased out.
Old 10-13-2004, 11:13 PM

they dont really use it anymore. a british friend of mine said that they generally use the z now. good contribution though...

rj
Old 10-13-2004, 11:52 PM

Pitt,

You know what? Cool. I'll even congratulate you and say you're right on this one - I didn't really add much to this thread with my post, so here's what I think. The world is coming together faster and faster, international relations are more important now than ever before. The UN is not powerful enough to bring about agreement among nations, and while that should not be necessary, in the political sense, it will eventually become necessary to have some kind of binding force. It only logically follows that if it comes to the realistic point of all the people of the world being able to have a voice in what takes place, some kind of more concrete organization will be instituted to facilitate this.

You'll have to excuse my input on your spelling opinions - you can feel more than welcome to say what you will about me, but I stand by my other statements I've made regarding a number of your posts. Many have decent, even good content to them, but it sucks when to find it, one has to dig through your frequent pettiness about things like spelling and questioning one's sanity for voicing their opinion (in the other thread).

-Edge