Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-13-2004, 08:10 AM

Default 15/30 Party : How many tables do you play?

Hi everyone, I'm curious as to how many tables each of you play at 15/30 Party. I'm playing 5/10 right now and planing to move up to 15/30 fairly soon. Currently, I play 4 tables at a time but have been considering trying 6-8 tables and just focusing on ABC play. On the other hand, I've also thought about trying to play 2 tables at a time while focusing more on specifics about each player.

I recently bought Poker Tracker and have been leaving Party/Empire on get player's stats while I'm away. Typically when I open up a new table, about 8/10 players already have notes on them from Poker Tracker. Taking into consideration that I will know most player's flop percentage, aggressiveness, etc, which do you think would produce more money/hour, 2 tables or 4-8 tables?

Lastly, do you think playing 4-8 tables will lower my skill level over time since I would not be playing my A-game? Whereas, playing only 2 tables would improve it.

Thanks in advance.

-Dynamic Opinions
Old 10-13-2004, 08:54 AM

Default Re: 15/30 Party : How many tables do you play?

I play 6 and generally have time to check notes on any player based decision.
Old 10-13-2004, 01:05 PM

hi,

i play 8 tables normally. sometimes 10. if you trying to decide between ABC or good poker, then i'd suggest good poker. that is if you think playing more tables will REQUIRE you to play ABC, which should not be the case.

also,

[ QUOTE ]
Lastly, do you think playing 4-8 tables will lower my skill level over time since I would not be playing my A-game?

[/ QUOTE ]

it will increase your skill level in some areas while not in others. remember, multi-tabling is a skill of its own.

Kenny
Old 10-13-2004, 01:11 PM

I used to play 8 tables of 3/6 but I just moved up to 15/30 so I'm doing 4 right now till I get used to it and can prove I'm a winning player. If I can do both well I'll probably move back up to 8. Just do whatever you are comfortable with. If you can play multiple tables well I'd go for that.

Ponks
Old 10-13-2004, 01:40 PM

6. There is plenty of time to check notes.
Old 10-13-2004, 03:01 PM

"I recently bought Poker Tracker and have been leaving Party/Empire on get player's stats while I'm away"

Sorry to sound naive, but I'm either uninformed or I'm misinterpreting you. Are you importing players stats when you're not playing? Is that what you mean here?
Old 10-13-2004, 03:21 PM

3 sometimes 4 tables. I have no notes. Care to send yours to me...heh..just kidding.
Old 10-14-2004, 12:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
"I recently bought Poker Tracker and have been leaving Party/Empire on get player's stats while I'm away"

Sorry to sound naive, but I'm either uninformed or I'm misinterpreting you. Are you importing players stats when you're not playing? Is that what you mean here?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, I am importing players stats when I'm not at my computer. The latest Poker Tracker update allows you to auto-import the hand histories that you were not involved in. You simply open up the table window and do not sit down. These observed hands files are located in your main Party Poker folder on your computer (not in the hand history folder). They are labeled as ".hff" files.

It's important to note that these .hff files will be deleted when you close your Party Poker application. So you must import the hands before you close Party Poker.

To import the hands with Poker Tracker, do the following: Open Poker Tracker, go into File --> Auto Import hand histories/Tournament Summaries-Setup --> Then press OK --> And finally, click the button "Configure Import of Observed Hands (Party and Affiliates Only)" Once open, make sure that the box marked "Do not import observed hand history files at this time" is UNCHECKED.

After this you should be able to import the observed hands.
Old 10-14-2004, 01:28 AM

How do you get to past 4 tables on party? That is the most I can open. Are you also playing on another site?
Old 10-14-2004, 03:47 AM

You don't. You have to open up 4 empire tables or another skin.