Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-12-2004, 03:47 PM

Default Your insights on these hands Part II

hey everyone,
heres part II of my III part series of posts

Hand #1:
should i have checked behind him on this flop to induce a bet by him on the turn? or was i right in betting out on the flop?

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t15 (9 handed) converter

BB (t800)
UTG (t800)
UTG+1 (t800)
MP1 (t1625)
MP2 (t800)
Hero (t800)
CO (t790)
Button (t860)
SB (t725)

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, <font color="CC3333">MP1 raises to t30</font>, MP2 folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises to t100</font>, CO folds, Button folds, SB folds, BB folds, MP1 calls t70.

Flop: (t225) 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
MP1 checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets t125</font>, MP1 folds.

Final Pot: t350

Hand #2:
same tourney. once again was i right in betting the pot on the flop. I figured id like to take it down right here w/ t315 in the pot already and two hearts out there. was it correct??

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t30 (8 handed) converter

CO (t730)
Button (t1205)
SB (t2170)
BB (t890)
Hero (t900)
UTG+1 (t610)
MP1 (t750)
MP2 (t745)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="CC3333">Hero raises to t90</font>, UTG+1 folds, MP1 calls t90, MP2 folds, CO folds, Button calls t90, SB folds, BB folds.

Flop: (t315) K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets t315</font>, MP1 folds, Button folds.

Final Pot: t630

Hand #3:
different tourney. should i have folded to his all in preflop, does it scream underpair to you?? what would you have done? should i not have raised UTG w/ this hand?

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t50 (8 handed) converter

SB (t1185)
BB (t1630)
Hero (t825)
UTG+1 (t1165)
MP1 (t675)
MP2 (t640)
CO (t870)
Button (t1010)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. SB posts a blind of t50.
BB folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises to t150</font>, UTG+1 folds, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, CO folds, Button folds, <font color="CC3333">SB (poster) raises to t250</font>, Hero calls t100.

Flop: (t500) T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">SB bets t935 (All-In)</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: t1435

Results later
Old 10-12-2004, 05:41 PM

Default Re: Your insights on these hands Part II

hand 1. You have to check behind. I doubt if you are going to get much out of him on this hand, but you have to give him a chance to bluff at it. If you check behind, he may think you took a shot with the pre flop raise and didn't like getting called. There aren't any great draws out there that you should be scared of, give him a chance to hit his set.(I put him on a small/medium pair or something like KQ, KJ).

Hand 2. I think you bet this flop. I'm not liking the 2 hearts on board. If you check this one and only one more heart comes and someone beats you with a flush you will kick yourself. The old saying better to win a smallish pot then lose a big one is in play here.

Hand 3. Tough spot. I think discretion is the better part of valor. I would have folded. I don't dislike the pre flop raise, though his min re-raise sends up red flags. That min reraise followed by a push on the flop is a classic betting pattern for aces, from what I've seen.
Old 10-12-2004, 05:54 PM

Default Re: Your insights on these hands Part II

Hand 1: Ouch! Yea, you have to check it and hope he makes a hand. Theres no flush possiblity, and not much of a striaght possiblity. However, if the flop came As,Ks,10d, then I would definitley lead out and bet because of the draw possiblities.

Hand 2: You were right in betting. You might have bet a tad too much, but you were still right in betting. Your hand is no sure thing, and theres a flush possiblity.

Hand 3: Good lay down. AK,KQ,KK,TT all have you beat ... and even if he doesnt he'll have a lot of outs to beat you.
Old 10-14-2004, 07:58 PM

Default RESULTS!

hey everyone, results as promised.

Hand #1

Final Pot: t350
<font color="green">Main Pot: t225 (t225), won by Hero.</font>
<font color="green">Pot 2: t125 (t125), returned to Hero.</font>

Results in blue below: <font color="blue">
No showdown. Hero wins t350. </font>

Hand #2

Final Pot: t630
<font color="green">Main Pot: t315 (t315), won by Hero.</font>