Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-12-2004, 02:31 PM

Default 88 Turn - J64 flop vs PFR & Flop CCer

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="666666">2 folds</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="CC3333">CO raises</font>, <font color="666666">2 folds</font>, Hero calls, UTG calls, MP2 calls.

Flop: (8.50 SB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG checks, MP2 checks, <font color="CC3333">CO bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG calls, MP2 folds, CO calls.

Turn: (7.25 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
Hero's move.

Suggestions? Thoughts? Comments? Thx in advance.
Old 10-12-2004, 02:38 PM

Default Re: 88 Turn - J64 flop vs PFR & Flop CCer

I cannot wait until I play aggressive like this . . .right now I am much more Weak Tight . . .

Don't you have to bet here - if not you risk giving a free card that could easily beat you. Bet and hope to win the pot right there.

It seems to me that when the CO failed to re-raise your check raise - he gave us quite a bit of information about his hand by the way. I would put him on AK, AQ, AJ, etc.
Old 10-12-2004, 02:38 PM

lead the betting? UTG's cold-calling is getting suspicious, especially if he calls between the two aggressors on a turn bet, but unless you have a read otherwise that's typical fishy stuff. you're likely ahead, you've got 6 outs to improve (maybe 5.5 if you slightly discount the 7 of diamonds) if you're behind, and you're likely ahead right now...

i suppose the question is really what to make of UTG's cold call, but the 5 hasn't changed things (except giving you a gutshot)... i'm assuming your plan was to lead out on the turn prior to the cold call, so unless you have a read otherwise, stick with it
Old 10-12-2004, 02:41 PM

since the CO could have trapped UTG and hero for another sb on the flop with a raise he likely doesn't have a dominant hand, no...

UTG may have a jack being played rather strangely (why not raise hero to force CO to face two cold? if has a jack but feels it's weak why not fold? seems to me UTG is being either fishy or tricky, and i think fishy is more likely)

but the bet here is for value, not to prevent a free card (although it does that)