Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-11-2004, 08:19 PM

Default Should I give playing $100NL?

In my first 4,135 hands I was up $827
In my last 7,026 hands I'm down $1571
(biggest swing ever?)

So my total is down $744 in 11,161 hands
(I still have $3000 bankroll, though)

I'm trying to look at my stats between the 27K hands I have at $50NL (4.55BB/100 and +$2,479) and the 11K I have at $100NL and I can't tell if its just that I can't beat the $100NL or that I'm just going through one hellish run.

First off, my VPIP's are

$100 10.45
$50 11.25

Nothing too threatening there, the $100 SF% under PT summary tab is 1.3% tighter, so I guess there are more raising going on and I am playing slightly tighter.

So obviously I play insanely tight, and a good portion of my winnings comes from flopping sets and playing high pocket pairs, so I looked at all those, and the numbers look incredibly different.

http://sponger15sb.bravehost.com/Pairs.JPG
(the link should not work, you need to copy & paste address)

Could this be the source of my problems, that I am just not getting enough action on the hands that I would normally win big pots with at the $50 because the players are too smart for that?

Looking at a couple of individual hands, I'm actually losing money with JJ over 42 hands (down .57 BB/hand), while I'm up .73 BB/hand in $50NL. Also, QQ is .3BB/hand in $100 vs 2.76bb/hand in $50.

Here are the "more detail" stats comparison as well

http://sponger15sb.bravehost.com/MoreStats.JPG
(the link should not work, you need to copy & paste address)

Any advice or comparison to your stats would be greatly appreciated. However, I am not about to start getting crazy and posting 30 individual hands.

I just don't really know whether I'm good enough to beat the $100NL, things that worked out while 8-tabling $50NL seem to be getting seen right through at this higher level..... OR am I just experiencing a downswing of biblical porportions and I just need to get back to playing right away.