Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Stud
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-10-2004, 01:50 AM

Default Party Stud SNG strategy (Need advice)

Howdy,

I've recently started playing the Party Poker 30+3 stud sngs. So far Ive done well 6/8 money finishes 4 1st place finishes. Very nice, but probably unsustainable.

SO far Ive been using my native stud skills (I play up to 10/20 but I prefer Party's 3-6 cause of its loose structure equivalent to a 30-60 game) and the advice in Championship stud about multi table stud tournaments.

Im wondering if anyone on this forum has any advice or recomendations about stud SNGs or SNG play in general?
Old 10-10-2004, 03:24 AM

Default Re: Party Stud SNG strategy (Need advice)

I HATE the PartyPoker sngs set-up...I think starting with 800 in chips with the blinds increasing how they do makes the sng into a crap shoot way to soon...
Old 10-10-2004, 09:49 AM

Default Re: Party Stud SNG strategy (Need advice)

Lay down the specifics about the structure (limits, antes and bring ins)at the different levels, as well as the length of the rounds in a post. Im sure someone will take a stab at it.

I do recall that at the 300-600 level if you are the bring, its short handed, if you are likely to play the hand you should bring it in for the full bet nearly everytime unless your extremely short stacked or you have a very strong hand (like a set).

I know this is simple "and nor" logic but in this case its almost always correct.

timmer