Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-09-2004, 07:41 PM

Default check raise or fold?

I am in the BB with KT of hearts. One EP limps, one MP limps, loose aggressive player in the cut off seat raises. I call and the two limpers call. Four see the flop (8.5 bets). The flop comes T [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 6 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. I check thinking of check raising on the turn if a blank comes. It is checked around to the raiser, who bets, I call, ep folds, mp raises (also a very loose aggressive player), lp re-raises.

What is your move? How much do you discount you outs because of the flush and straight draws?
Old 10-09-2004, 08:20 PM

Default Re: check raise or fold?

Fold. you are getting 7-1 to call the 2 bets and you really have no idea where you are in the hand. The way I see it you can grit your teeth and call them down on the premise that they are LAG and hope your hand is good or improves...Or you can wait for a better spot and silently cuss at them if at the showdown pocket eights wins against an unimproved AJo. Either way the outs don't matter as you are playing the people not the cards.
Old 10-09-2004, 08:25 PM

I would fold. Theres a good chance with all the raising that someone as AT, two pair, or a set. Even if they dont, they could have a flush or straight draw that could hurt you.
Old 10-09-2004, 11:55 PM

yah id fold too, but why not 2bet the flop isntead of just calling there? there is a flush draw out there and you should make them pay for it. its too likely that an overcard will fall on the turn or a club forcing you to go into call mode in this hand.
Old 10-10-2004, 03:50 AM

hi pete

you can reraise or call. what is important though is that you betout if the third club lands on the turn if you have called the flop, and that you don't betout if you reraised the flop and the draw completes on the turn, but you also do not fold if it comes back to you 2 cold. you are going to stay the course on this one almost every time. the olny exception would be if a 4c or 7c comes off on the turn. then you have the option to occasionally fold it for 2 cold.