Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-08-2004, 06:54 PM

Default 2 QTs hands. Party 3/6.

Contained below are 2 QTs hands from the same table within an orbit of each other.

For the first hand, I'd like comments on the whole hand. For the second, I'm just going to start with the preflop action, cause postflop sorta played itself.

player reads are included with each hand:

Hand 1:

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is SB with Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="CC3333">UTG+2 <font color="purple">(Reasonable)</font> raises</font>, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, MP2 <font color="purple">(LAG)</font> calls, <font color="666666">2 folds</font>, Button calls, Hero calls, BB <font color="purple">(V.Loose-Any2Suited)</font> calls, UTG calls.

Flop: (12 SB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(6 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">V.Loose-Any2Suited bets</font>, UTG folds, <font color="CC3333">Reasonable raises</font>, LAG calls, Button folds, Hero calls, V.Loose-Any2Suited calls.

Turn: (10 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, V.Loose-Any2Suited checks, <font color="CC3333">Reasonable bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">LAG raises</font>, Hero calls, V.Loose-Any2Suited calls, Reasonable calls.

River: (18 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, V.Loose-Any2Suited checks, Reasonable checks, <font color="CC3333">LAG bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>...
Old 10-08-2004, 06:55 PM

Default Re: 2 QTs hands. Party 3/6.

Hand 2: (note v.loose-any2suited is to my immediate left)

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
UTG calls, UTG+1 <font color="purple">(LAG)</font> calls, <font color="666666">2 folds</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>...
Old 10-08-2004, 06:59 PM

I like 3betting the flop, the river will depend how often I think some of the people between will call if I bet out, but it will usually be a bet I guess.
Old 10-08-2004, 07:03 PM

Think IŽd raise T9s+,KJs, but limp KTs and below here.
Old 10-08-2004, 07:10 PM

Location: duffman is thrusting in the direction of the problem (mets are 9-13, currently on a 1 game winning streak)

1st hand: loose call preflop. bet the river and 3-bet when he raises. I don't like shutting out the field here.

2nd hand: QTs isn't a very good hand (it's good, just not that good). I'd just limp
Old 10-08-2004, 07:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hand 2: (note v.loose-any2suited is to my immediate left)

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
UTG calls, UTG+1 <font color="purple">(LAG)</font> calls, <font color="666666">2 folds</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>...

[/ QUOTE ]

I would not raise in this position after 3 limpers and a loose player on your left.
Old 10-08-2004, 07:27 PM

PF: I'm cool with that.
Flop: I would go for the check-raise on the flop, and jump at the chance at the check/3-bet having like 11 outs to great hands and 1 to the mortal nutz.
Turn: I cold call here, I refuse to be afraid of boards pairing when I have live draws.
River: Yeah, not sure on this one. Check-raise vs. leading out seems to be pretty close. What was your reasoning?

I guess I lead out so I wouldn't have to deal with a 3-bet.
Old 10-08-2004, 07:47 PM

Hand 1 I would fold from the small blind in this situation. However seeing as you proceeded with the hand, I'd play it the way you did, except I may bet the river because of the possibility of getting more calls, as opposed to check raising the river.

Hand 2 seems fine

Regards, Jim
Old 10-08-2004, 08:01 PM

i think you purposely posted hand 2 just to get me to bite.

of course i like the raise. [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]
Old 10-08-2004, 09:02 PM

Of course I am very biased against QTs, as you may know from previous posts.... Like pocket 6s, QTs is a major drain on my bankroll.

Seems like it's a close enough on all streets to me. Calling a PFR in SB with QTs seems a little sketchy - obviously, you're behind and out of position.... I suppose all the other cold calls make up for it.... Maybe overcalls on the end?????