Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-07-2004, 11:58 AM

Default Critters contemplating a tourney situation online.

Stacks about even say 5k each. You are the BB with blinds at 100-200. You are dealt j-9 of spades. Opponent comes in for 4x 800, 600 to call with 1100 already in pot. You have notes on this opponent and know that he always comes in for 3x unless he has K-K or A-A he is strong enough to lay down these monsters if he knows he is beat.

Question 1. Do you call? Why?

Ok if you choose to fold we'll pretend you are a rail bird watching. Flop comes 7h-8h-4d. $1700 is in the pot and your stack now sits at 4200 and so does your opponents. Assuming a check from you, opponent bets 800. Pot is 2500. You have 4200 and opponent has 3400 left.

2. Do you call? More importantly how are you calculating your implied and pot odds?
Old 10-07-2004, 06:50 PM

Default Re: Critters contemplating a tourney situation online.

[ QUOTE ]
Stacks about even say 5k each. You are the BB with blinds at 100-200. You are dealt j-9 of spades. Opponent comes in for 4x 800, 600 to call with 1100 already in pot. You have notes on this opponent and know that he always comes in for 3x unless he has K-K or A-A he is strong enough to lay down these monsters if he knows he is beat.

Question 1. Do you call? Why?

Ok if you choose to fold we'll pretend you are a rail bird watching. Flop comes 7h-8h-4d. $1700 is in the pot and your stack now sits at 4200 and so does your opponents. Assuming a check from you, opponent bets 800. Pot is 2500. You have 4200 and opponent has 3400 left.

2. Do you call? More importantly how are you calculating your implied and pot odds?

[/ QUOTE ]

I would have called the raise myself, as you are certainly getting odds to make that call. moreso, if you are certain he doesn't have the hands you are certain he doesn't have.

Flop play is tricky here, I don't like the two hearts, but personally, i would have bet about 1200 and give up if called or raised. That's probably weak-tight though.