Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-04-2004, 06:21 AM

Default this should be in LL section but not getting any responses there!

New to this site so please bear with me while I figure out how to properly post hands. (as well would appreciate any help on how to post future hands)

Anyhow it is Party Poker 2-4 I am BB with 2 4 UTG limps, UTG +1 Limps. Everyone else folds. UTG is loose/aggressive at times but mostly a caller. UTG+1 is new to the table and have not had a chance to get a good read on him. For anyone at the table who is paying attention I believe I have a table image of a solid player. I have not shown any bluffs or rags on river, and every time seen a river I was the aggresor and won the showdown, with the exception of 1 time where I called down same player who is UTG with top pair. (Have been to river many times already with UTG and have won every time except the 1 time I meantioned)

Flop is Q 3 5 ( uh oh this one is going to cost me) UTG bets UTG+1 raises, I 3 bet, both call. Turn is 8 I check, UYG checks, UTG+1 bets, I raise, UTG waits a while then calls 2 cold, UTG+1 calls. (I put UTG on spades also at this point) River is 8 . I bet,UTG folds instantly UTG+1 hesitates then calls and shows q-3h.

Of course I know that I am beaten I guess what i am wondering is a: was this draw worth the action i put into it, and b: Was it worth it to try and win this pot with a total bluff on the river!