Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-03-2004, 11:34 PM

Default This hand made me feel all weird inside...Party 3/6

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (10 handed)

Preflop: Hero is SB with A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 calls, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, MP3 calls, CO calls, Button calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB folds, UTG+1 calls, <font color="CC3333">UTG+2 3-bets</font>, MP3 calls, CO calls, Button folds, Hero calls, UTG+1 calls.

Flop: (17 SB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 calls, MP3 folds, CO folds.

Turn: (10 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>...

Final Pot: 11 BB

Should I have gone for a check-raise on the flop? My thinking was that if the limp-reraiser raised my flop bet two people after him would have to face two bets cold, whereas if I went for a check-raise, it seems almost everyone would come along for the turn, which I don't think I want.

Comments appreciated all over the place.
Old 10-04-2004, 12:49 AM

Default Re: This hand made me feel all weird inside...Party 3/6

If you checkraise the preflop raiser only UTG has to call 2 bets cold, and at that point he is getting 11-1 to call anyway. If you bet out and UTG+2 raises the 2 callers behind are getting near the same odds too.
Check-calling the flop and check-raising the turn is also a consideration, depending on who is the flop bettor.

If I were playing it though, I'd just bet each round as you did and hang on for dear life.

Surf
Old 10-04-2004, 12:56 AM

FWIW, I would have played it the same.
Old 10-04-2004, 12:58 AM

I think you have to bet out. Interesting he only calls. Could be bad news given the limp reraise. You still have to bet the turn too of course but what did he do on the turn? What are you doing if he raises?