Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-03-2004, 01:37 PM

Default bullshit rake fig problems

OK. As everyone probably knows thanks to the new party/empire update of saving your hand histories on disk we have PTs update of importing them this then throws the rake figures off in the summary tab because PT is now including hands you didn't play in. I'm fine as i haven't played on empire for ages but i'm wondering what to have everyone signed up under me do.

Alright, so according to a post on their forum the N patch has new figs. under game notes that allow you to get these figures, however i've updated to the O patch and this doesn't have 'em. Plus we know the general tab rake fig is off. So what's everyone doing?
Old 10-03-2004, 01:45 PM

Default Post deleted by Mat Sklansky

Old 10-03-2004, 01:50 PM

Default Re: bullshit rake fig problems

[ QUOTE ]
PT will not import observed hand histories unless specified to do so.

This is not a problem for your players provided the directory you are reading HH files from is the HandHistory one and not the main directry where .hhf are read from.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wicked. Thanks.
Old 10-03-2004, 04:51 PM

I was cautious in my usual way about the new patch, so when I started trying to track observed hands, I set up separate databases to do it. You might recommend that to your people. I have three new databases, one for 2/4 and 3/6 and 5/10. I have to get exceptionally sloppy to mess up my valuable personal database and rakeback info that way. You might want to recommend that to your affiliates. Safe is way better than sorry.

Besides making my personal database safe, some other advantages to doing things this way are that I don't bloat my personal playing database and slow it down, and that I can get huge databases clearly separated into individual levels and basically not care how big they get, because they'll never slow me down while playing. To use them, I can just export the notes. If I ever want to combine, say, my 2/4 and 3/6 databases on my exports, I can do that too.

Although, you can also open more than one database window at a time. You could have, say, your 2/4 database in the background, inactive except for when you wanted to look something up, and your playing database in the foreground.

The patch is a beta, and I don't even trust final versions of products for a while, so I would not want to risk corrupting my valuable personal database by using it to observe tables and gather info. I wouldn't be surprised if some of your affiliates did, though. All it takes is checking the wrong box in one of many places somewhere along the line and you get things imported to or from the wrong place. Maybe Pat needs to put in a Wizard or something for the challenged or inattentive.

If it were me, I would try to advise my affiliates, kinda like Samuel Jackson in Pulp Fiction, "with great vengeance and furious anger, and you will KNOW my name is THE AFFILIATE" to keep their playing databases separate from their observing databases. Speed and safety are good selling points.
Old 10-04-2004, 12:57 PM

Jay:

Empire will record HH's for games that a player is sitting at, but not playing currently, i.e. Deal Me Out is checked.

There is a formula that my affiliate sent me to calculate rake paid if you use the same PT database for other usernames. Like if I combine my Party play with my Empire play and set up an alias. That's the formula I will be using when I get around to figuring it for Sept.

I don't have it in front of me, but: You need to figure a ratio of hands played by player/total hands. You use that ratio to multiply by average players and average rake, etc.

If you need more, PM me and I'll take a look tonight.

BTW: Can you tell me how much gets deducted from an affiliate for a $100 bonus? How does that get calculated in?

Thanks
Old 10-04-2004, 01:07 PM

The o patch eliminates the auto import of hands you are observing. HOWEVER, this wasn't true before and you'll have people who observed a lot of hands w/ the previous patches. What i did was take my hands played under my nickname and divide it by the total hands for that limit in the summary tab giving me a % to multiply by total rake on the summary tab. Then divided it by my historical average number of players which gave me a decent guess. just as an example:

Under my nickname i had 5,000 hands played at 3/6, but on the summary tab i had 10,000 hands. So i prorated using 5,000/10,000 = .50 and the total rake was $10,000 on the summary tab for 3/6. The average number of players was 8.5 which is lower than it should be because some tables emptied out and were short handed for some time which I would never play in so I checked the previous month numbers and my average was 9.0 which is about right. So my calclulation was .5*$10,000/9.0 = $555 total rake. I sent my affiliate that and it should be reasonably accurate.

I upgraded to the o patch and now it doesn't import hands where I'm not actively playing. Good luck.
Old 10-04-2004, 07:40 PM

Can someone explain what exactly the problem is with using PT to track rake?

Can't I just look under my player name to see much rake I have paid? Why do you need to look at the "Summary" tab to see total rake paid by all players?
Old 10-04-2004, 08:43 PM

It's pretty significantly low.
Old 10-05-2004, 12:19 AM

If I'm not mistaken, PT only calculates the rake you've paid from the hands you've won. All the pots you were involved in and paid rake but didn't win aren't added to the Total Rake in the General tab. That's why the amount is so much smaller than what it really should be, right?
Old 10-05-2004, 01:40 AM

The "Summary" tab is where you look for total rake.

Btw instead of all these complex things, it's still so much safer and easier to just create a separate database for observing hands. That way there is NO possible way to mess up your rakeback without really screwing up setting up the imports badly.

I think it's the least rakeback clients can do for the affiliates they're dealing with. Nobody should have to pay for your screw-ups, or count on you being so perfect as to never make them. Neither you nor he should have to count on that.