Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-03-2004, 11:42 AM

Default Overcalls Overcalls Everywhere

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (9 handed)

Preflop: Hero is CO with 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. Hero posts a blind of $0.50.
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, Hero (poster) checks, Button calls, SB completes, <font color="CC3333">BB raises</font>, Hero calls, Button calls, SB calls.

preflop call maybe a tad loose

Flop: (8 SB) J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, Hero checks, Button checks.

Turn: (4 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero calls, Button calls, SB folds.

River: (7 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero calls, Button calls.

Final Pot: 10 BB

Anyone see any problems with this? Any and all comments appreciated.
Old 10-03-2004, 12:05 PM

Default Re: Overcalls Overcalls Everywhere

Let's assume the button would fold to a turn raise. By calling you pick up 2 BB's from the button. If you raise the turn and the BB calls and then check/calls you on the river, you pick up 2 BB's also. Shouldn't there be another player involved to make this move worthwhile?
Old 10-03-2004, 12:05 PM

I'd raise the turn with only 1 other player to act behind you. I think the bettor is more likely to invest an extra bet than the caller, who may call 2 cold anyway if he's on a flush draw (in which situation you want to charge him the max).
Old 10-03-2004, 01:09 PM

There are 2 players left to act behind me guys - button AND sb. Was hoping they would both come along. On any non 5/9/T river card I raise the river.
Old 10-03-2004, 01:25 PM

I see now - misread. I'd still raise due to the flush draw, I wouldn't like to give anyone a cheap card. However, it would be a runner, runner so it is quite unlikely. Now I realise there's anyother player in the pot I think it's pretty close either way, depending on your opponents' styles. I still raise against 'normal' opponents.
Old 10-03-2004, 04:45 PM

The pf call is fine in CO. I might also make it in the BB. If Button or SB has shown a propensity for cold-calling, it might be worth trying to raise the turn... but as you're posting, that's probably not information you're privy to.

I like your line. It's a shame SB didn't bite. Not much point rasing the river I don't think.

As far as I can see, you did the best you could with what you had.
Old 10-03-2004, 05:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
There are 2 players left to act behind me guys - button AND sb. Was hoping they would both come along. On any non 5/9/T river card I raise the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

Looks a-okay. I think a raise on the turn might be okay, if you have a read on button and/or SB as calling stations who might come along for TWO bets. Good slow down on the river, I probably would have been an arrogant jackass and raised. Good line, although certainly one that must have induced a few cringes as while playing it.