Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-03-2004, 10:34 AM

Default Dumb aggression or smart bets?

One of my worst stats on my PT is my aggro factor, I'm having a hard time picking spots.. The last thousand hands the # is way better but IDK that I'm being aggro enough in the right places. This one felt a little shady:

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (9 handed)

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
UTG calls, UTG+1 folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP2 calls, MP3 folds, CO folds, Button folds, SB folds, BB calls, UTG calls.

Flop: (8.50 SB) A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="CC3333">UTG bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP2 calls, BB folds, UTG calls.
<font color="blue"> bleh, bad flop.. bet and see where the action is.. </font>

Turn: (7.25 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
UTG checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP2 calls, UTG calls.

River: (10.25 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
UTG checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP2 calls, UTG calls.
<font color="blue">If Im called Im beat, maybe I can fool em into thinking I have a K... A 4th club didnt fall, maybe a busted draw (or 2?) will fold..</font>

Final Pot: 13.25 BB
Old 10-03-2004, 10:39 AM

Default Re: Dumb aggression or smart bets?

I think this is just chip spewing, and would have dumped it on the flop :-/ You're looking to draw to one non-club T most likely.

[ QUOTE ]
If Im called Im beat, maybe I can fool em into thinking I have a K... A 4th club didnt fall, maybe a busted draw (or 2?) will fold..

[/ QUOTE ]

Bluffing is really not even worth trying at these limits, especially not into two players - also a K might raise you here, and you *have* to fold. You beat those busted draws, so you'd want them calling.
Old 10-03-2004, 10:40 AM

Without the T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] I like a fold on the flop. Two overcards and a 3-flush is not a situation to be pushing your pocket pair.
Old 10-04-2004, 05:31 PM

I'm going to have to agree with folding on the flop. 2 over cards to you a very likely flush draw/made, a straight draw. You don't have many outs, I wouldn't even call the other ten an out as it makes QJ the nut straight.
Old 10-04-2004, 05:38 PM

Good hand preflop, lousy flop, even with a big pot I don't think it's near big enough. You've got a player betting into a preflop raiser with this board - I fold the flop.
Old 10-04-2004, 05:56 PM

Realistically this flop couldn't be much worse for your hand. If you're trying to learn to be more disciplined with your aggression, start by fearing boards like this and folding when bet into. I think betting and trying to take it down in LP when no one has bet is correct though.

So many players at this level play suited anything and A-rag or K-rag that you really should be afraid of this flop. It is highly likely you are already beat drawing to one out or possibly dead. You will win this type of hand far too infrequently to warrant staying in.
Old 10-04-2004, 06:15 PM

This is not the spot. You have three opponents and a coordinated board. If you're ahead (unlikely), it is easy to be outdrawn. If you're behind, it's hard (or impossible) to catch up. I don't think you can make all 3 opponents fold.

While it's possible that both of your opponents are on flush draws, I don't like the river bet. It'll only be called by hands that beat you. Very few hands you can beat (Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] or 8 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]8 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], perhaps?) will call. Very few hands better than yours will fold in this large pot (maybe...just maybe...an ace with a lousy kicker will fold).

PP
Old 10-04-2004, 06:53 PM

For a player holding pocket tens, this flop isn't just ugly... its ooogly. In fact its so ugly, if you looked up ugly in the dictionary your hole cards and this board would be the highlighted picture next to it.

I would only think of investing in this flop if I held the T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] in my hand, and more often than not I wouldn't bother even if I did hold that card, when playing against a large loose field of 4 or more players, (unless the pot was VERY big).

Let this one go at the flop, simply check and fold to any action. There will be better spots to attack from later...