Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-02-2004, 08:28 PM

Default Whadya do when...

One of your best friends who you had sign up for a rake rebate under you 4 months earlier (i'm jsut a small affiliate..so 20%...and I was giving him 15%) asks if he can get 95% or even all of it back instead?

His point is I play 15/30 and he plays 3/6 and it means so much more to his bankroll...and we're good friends. I really don't know what to say, he's right and it makes me feel uncomfortable. My guess is I'll probably just say ok cause like he said it's not a big deal and I don't wanna seem like a greedy bitch, but it just feels like a weird situation...
Old 10-02-2004, 08:44 PM

Default Re: Whadya do when...

I think your friend is taking advantage of the situation. There is no site (that I know of) that let's you get your own rake back. I have two accounts at Party (one for me and one for my wife) and both of them are signed up under a friends affiliate account. He doesn't do (and I've never asked for) a rake back. I would much rather have a friend make something something off my play as opposed to the site making it all.

I'm probably going to do the sub affiliate thing under him and again be happy that he will make some money (not available to me) over and above what I will make from my sign-ups.

my 2 cents

[img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] busguy

It's weird that he would ask in the first place. My brother owns 4 houses, I own zero. I don't expect him to make my down payment, or pick up the bar tab for that matter.

Location: Poker is like sex, I have no idea what I am doing and most of the time it is done sitting infront of a computer by myself-NC

whats so weird, you are chintzing your friend outta what 40 bucks a month or something.......is thread for real?
Old 10-02-2004, 08:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
whats so weird, you are chintzing your friend outta what 40 bucks a month or something.......is thread for real?

[/ QUOTE ]

He isn't really chintzing, however I wouldn't be ready to budge just yet, what if your friend works his way up to 4 tabling 15/30 and then you start missing out on $500 a month.

However this is a tricky situation given that he is your good friend, so I think either way it doesn't matter (sorry bike)
Old 10-02-2004, 08:49 PM

i would probably just give him 100% back, especially, since he is at a level where it helps him out more than it does you. however, since you already made a deal with him to give him 15% back, its a little [censored] up for him to try to change the deal on you by playing the friend card. even though i am definitely a greedy bitch, i would give my friends back the full 20% up front, and just hope to get up to the level where i make 25%. then i would not increase their cut. have you asked him how he is doing? this may be a sign that he is struggling. it would be screwed up to profit from your friend's loss.
Old 10-02-2004, 08:59 PM

Nah, he's kickin the crap out of games and is slowly moving his way to 5/10 and 15/30. More the 5/10 right now but he's played a session of 15/30 with me coaching him. He's also watched me play a ton.
Old 10-02-2004, 09:00 PM

Location: Poker is like sex, I have no idea what I am doing and most of the time it is done sitting infront of a computer by myself-NC

regardless of where he might end up, its your farking friend, i tell my boys right off the bat they get 100% back, who are you people?
Old 10-02-2004, 09:06 PM

I would have never kept any of it from my best friend in the place
Old 10-02-2004, 10:07 PM

Mixing friends and money seems to always turn out like this.