Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-30-2004, 11:09 AM

Default pacific poker rooms

Guys, I have been playing online for close to a half a year now, started to read this forum about a month ago and since then started to pick up some of the concepts and had won consistently until I moved up to the $2/$4 rooms. Are the $2/$4 rooms much harder to beat than the $1/$2 rooms on Pacific? Or have I just had bad luck the last week or so, because my winnings have been VERY marginal (less than 2BB an hour). At $1/$2 I used to make 20BB+ per hour with much less effort. Basically I want to know whether anyone noticed a significant difference between these two levels, or whether I am just going through a downswing?
Old 09-30-2004, 11:40 AM

Default Re: pacific poker rooms

You were running good (insane actually). Now you're running within reason for a winning player. But since you are asking these questions, I think you should entertain the notion you aren't as good as you might think. Your curent winnings are very likely the result of an extended winning streak. Be prepared for significant leveling off and keep studying.

- Jim