Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-30-2004, 09:35 AM

Default Crosspost - best quiz ever

Take the quiz!! are you an 'expert'?!?! If you are according to this quiz, shoot yourself.

http://www.pokerpages.com/articles/a...otboom04a.php3
Old 09-30-2004, 09:45 AM

Default Re: Crosspost - best quiz ever

Hmm, I only know "a little?" Sure I missed the part about player types up top, but I thought I knew slightly more than just a little. Oh well.
Old 09-30-2004, 09:56 AM

well I don't know how different the 5/10 is, but it looks like I won't be ready for that game for awhile.
Old 09-30-2004, 10:24 AM

I got 83 points. I'm still not sure why I have to assume that a pro always has a "real" hand, but maybe I'll learn that later. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Folding JJ against a raise from a standard player, folding AKs against a raise from a good player -- all of this advice seems weak-tight. Is it just me?

Rob
Old 09-30-2004, 10:24 AM

Disclaimer: This quiz is being posted strictly for it's humor value. Please do not take this quiz or the author's advice seriously - most of it is bad [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 09-30-2004, 10:52 AM

I'm sure this "quiz" will get hammered for poor advice but I didn't think it was that bad.

#6,#7 and #13 seem to be the answers that shocked me the most.

I don't think I would ever fold JJ to a raise and a cold call. I think the author is forgetting just how often you will get a flop of rags. The cold caller certainly doesn't have a big pair and it is more likely that the PFR'r doesn't as well. Folding is a mistake in my opinion.

Not re-raising with AK and AKs is also considered a mistake by most serious players.

#1 The answer is fine. I voted call but I believe an arguement can be made for fold. It certainly won't cost you oodles of money if you consistantly fold in this situation.

#3 Is an endless debate question. I believe it's a raise or fold, most everyone agrees that limping is the worst choice.

#12 I know stealing is recommended and since I've never played in a 10/20 game I can't speak to this one, but I have read that stealing is very important in higher stakes so I'm betting that most higher stakes players would advocate stealing with a suited connector in this situation.

I thought the scenarios were good and they all weren't "no brainers" by any means. I think I agreed with the rest of the answers. I might be forgetting one or two.
Old 09-30-2004, 10:57 AM

I think the worst thing was the question where he pointed out the possibility of the original better having a straight flush (by saying your ace high flush might not be good). (The only hand that could be yours is the 67 of hearts. I liked his advice, looking for overcalls or a re-raise with so many players in the pot, but planning for the likelihood of a straight flush is just crazy.

This guy is paranoid.
Old 09-30-2004, 11:02 AM

Yeah 6,7, and 13 are absolutely terrible. I don't agree with 14 at all either.

[ QUOTE ]
#12 I know stealing is recommended and since I've never played in a 10/20 game I can't speak to this one, but I have read that stealing is very important in higher stakes so I'm betting that most higher stakes players would advocate stealing with a suited connector in this situation.

[/ QUOTE ]

Stealing is important, however 76s is a really poor hand here. I'd much rather have K6s. The connectedness matters very little in this situation, but the highcard is important.
Old 09-30-2004, 11:43 AM

Here's some good quizzes. Oddly enough, the advice in them doesn't conflict with the books you've probably read.

http://www.cgtv.com/games/column/042904/index.shtml

http://www.cgtv.com/games/column/052604/index.shtml

http://www.cgtv.com/games/column/063004/index.shtml

http://www.cgtv.com/games/column/072804/index.shtml
Old 09-30-2004, 12:21 PM

#4 You're in the big blind with Ah 3h. There have been no raises, five people see the flop Td 8h 5h. You have checked and called the flop (seat # 4 has been the bettor) and all four remaining players have checked the turn (Ks).

I want to answer:

Other: Why am I check-calling the flop when there are so many players involved. Bet-3Bet!