Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-30-2004, 07:10 AM

Default Is More Than One Site Needed?

I have got three accounts with three different sites that have money in them.

However, I am playing a lot at one site. The thought occurred to me that maybe a players does not need several accounts.

Assuming your particular online cardroom is trustworthy and is not going to go belly up, do you think any one cardroom gives you enought action to play professionally on just it alone?
Old 09-30-2004, 07:17 AM

Default Re: Is More Than One Site Needed?

I have something like 12. Do I need 12? no but sometimes one place turns sour and I go to another for variation.
Old 09-30-2004, 07:27 AM

What do you do when one site has connection problems...or you have a fuss with customer service, or you just find a bonus or promotion or event you like at another one?

Many here have reported that they get better bonuses when they withdraw money from a site, and play at another one.
Old 09-30-2004, 10:24 AM

For the reason of Bonus Whoring alone, I need more than one site.

SamJack
Old 09-30-2004, 10:32 AM

6 Accounts here X 2 (honeybunnies). Me a serious boner whore. Working off bonuses helps me take a losing session in stride. Usually the bonus earned will be close to my loss.

Absolute is next stop for the big sign-up bonus.
Old 09-30-2004, 10:42 AM

I think I'm upto about 15 sites now. I've tended to add new sites over the past 12 months for one of 2 reasons:

1) A signup bonus
2) A particular competition, unavailable elsewhere.

For example I signed up at Stars to play in KotZ events, and at The Poker Club for HULA matches.

I signed up at Intertops for the Vienna qualifiers which they were exclusively running in June.

With regard to the bonuses available, these were significant enough to me in the early days for me to go after. Some sites have been a one shot deal with regard to bonuses but others have had a variety of reloads since signing up.

The vast majority of my play is restricted to a couple of sites. However, I see no harm in having access to the other sites and generally keep a minimal bankroll (say $100) in each, which allows me to enter a tournament I like the look of at short notice. If necessary I can dump more money in from Neteller for reload bonuses, etc.

Restricting yourself to one site is fine in my view. However, for me, there's a benefit in having multiple accounts. I would imagine that most players here will have accounts at most of the major sites for similar reasons.

Sheriff