Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-30-2004, 01:50 AM

Default 77 on the button

6/12 at Bay 101, 9-handed.

CO is decent, and will definitely raise a poster with a wide range of hands. SB is LAG if he has the chance to be the aggressor, but not against me. He's called a raise preflop out of turn before and then changed his mind and folded after I 3-bet. BB is probably mildly tilty from being beaten by lots of bad hands recently, but is attempting to play tight. He's probably the second tightest player at the table after me, but I've seen him call down some hands that I thought were obvious losers. I've 3-bet preflop 4 times in the past few hours, and shown down a flopped set of kings every time after betting all the way. I expect that all of my opponents in this hand are paying enough attention to believe that I have a big hand when I 3-bet.

Folded around to poster in MP who checks. CO raises, SB and BB call out of turn. This is usual from them, since I usually fold very quickly. I'm on the button with $3 already in from the drop and 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. I think for a moment and 3-bet. SB, BB, and CO call.

Flop (12.5 SB): 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. Checked to me, I bet, BB and CO call.

Turn (7.75 BB): 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. Checked to me, I bet, BB calls.

River (9.75 BB): 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. BB checks, I bet.
Old 09-30-2004, 02:04 AM

Default Re: 77 on the button

I like how you played this.
Old 09-30-2004, 11:52 AM

I like it up to the river where I'm checking through unless you think it's reasonable to expect an ace-high caller.

- Jim
Old 09-30-2004, 12:30 PM

I agree completely...