Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-29-2004, 05:16 PM

Default My latest attempt at a Mike Matusow Blowup

I seriously lost my mind. Maybe if my bluff had worked, I wouda been breaking my arm patting myself on my back. 3rd level of a $500/ 200 person live tourney. Blinds 25-50, about to go to 50-100 in 5 minutes. I have 1350 in chips UTG+2. I find AJs and raise it to 150. not a great hand, but the table was pretty tight, and the BB only had about 300 left. New player - a woman who played all 6 hands since she was at the table by either limping or calling every bet, with about 5K in chips - she's on the button and calls. Both blinds fold.

Should preface this by saying we had already played 2 pots together, me winning with AQ v 98 when a flop of Q95 pair was enough for her to call about 700 off in chips over the next 2 betting rounds. I also lost 500 back to her with A6 v AK when be both hit 2 pair. So I dont know what to make of her play, very soft preflop, and likes to call with anything....so here we go...

Just the 2 of us in this

Flop is K85 raibow, I bet 200 on a bluff

She calls quickly.

Now I shouda checked, but NOOOOOOO

Turn is a blank

I bet 400 and she calls quickly.

Again I should check, lick my wounds and find a "move all in hand"

River is a Jack...now I have second pair. So what do I do? I push my remaining 600 out there on a half bluff, half thinking for some ungodly reason my JJ was good or and she calls in a flash.

She turns over K8o for 2 pair. My first thought is KING EIGHT OFF SUIT??? My second thought is SPOODY YOU MORON!!! YOU TRIED TO BLUFF THE BIG STACK WHO WILL CALL WITH ALMOST ANYTHING, AND AT THE SAME TIME YOU ACTUALLY THOUGHT THAT YOUR JACKS MIGHT BE GOOD????

I usually am pretty good at sniffing out big hands, but I obviously underestimated this person, maybe because she was a woman, but more because she had played every hand and was willing to call with 4th or 5th pair.

Anyway, That was my worst read and worst play in probably a year. Just had to share it.

Spoody
Old 09-29-2004, 05:29 PM

Default Re: My latest attempt at a Mike Matusow Blowup

Spoody,

You tried to bluff a calling station! You shouldn't do that, but you already seem to know. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

-Jarid