Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-29-2004, 10:54 AM

Default EMPIRE\'s 20% Reload offer up to 100 is pretty decent

I was another that tried to "take advantage" of the $500 max bonus at EMPIRE and had it taken away.

As most, I only heard of this bonus from here. I was not offered the bonus and I already had an account at EMPIRE. I tried to take advantage of a mistake with the full knowledge that

- I was probably not the intended recipient and probably not entitled to the BONUS
- There was a very good possibility that the BONUS would not be honored or possibly revoked at a later time

The Bonus was removed and I received a 20% up to 100 Reload Bonus offer. I believe that this is a fair and generous offer on EMPIRE's part. I believe they were fully within their rights to revoke the bonus (to those to whom it was not offered or intended) and had no obligaton whatsoever to do anymore than that.

I mean, really, Thythe gave us the heads up on the PARTY 100 bonus last week and everyone went nuts. (Thanks again Thythe).

For those that are really outraged about this, you really have no grounds to be, unless you were offered the bonus or qualified for it. If you already played 2000 hands trying to clear it, well you should be ahead 20BB's (if you make 1BB/100 hands). Yes, they made money in rake from your play, but they did not deceive you to do this. You tried to take advantage of something you weren't entitled to. So did I.

I'll be as happy to take advantage of the 100 max bonus they are offering as a consolation as I was last week to get the Party 100 Max bonus. Just MHO. Feel how you like about it.
Old 09-29-2004, 11:03 AM

Default Re: EMPIRE\'s 20% Reload offer up to 100 is pretty decent

I agree 100%. I made the deposit, and didn't play a single hand yet because I knew this had to be a mistake and wanted to wait and see their response. I'm perfectly happy with their decision (giving 10% for free, no requirements), which I thought went above and beyond what is required.

I'm completely amazed by the sense of entitlement (and also aburd logic) of some people on these boards with regard to this episode.

I can't belive some people thought they were "offered" the 500 bonus because they were able to use the code, got the bonus and got the automated confirmation e-mail. No you dimwits, to be "offered" something the "offer" has to be made *before* you take advantage of it.
Old 09-29-2004, 11:09 AM

I have to agree also.

Chain of events for me =

1: Withdraw 500 from Empire
2: Redeposit 500 in Empire
3: Get 500 bonus
4: Go to bed
5: Wake up, no hands played bonus cancled
6: Get 50$ as an apology.

So in essence I made 50$ just by withdrawing and redepositing which has to be one of the best bonuses ever.

If i had played 2000 hands and then this had happened my attitude would of course be different.
Old 09-29-2004, 11:10 AM

Can you tell us what the code is for this reload offer?

I'm at work and haven't received it.
Old 09-29-2004, 11:18 AM

Default Re: EMPIRE\'s 10% (NOT 20%) Reload offer up to 100 is pretty decent

It also looks like they GAVE us 50 bucks as well, with no WR.

These guys have gone way above and beyond on this as far as I am concerned.

[ QUOTE ]
There's 10% Extra (maximum of $100) waiting for you at Empire Poker on your next deposit.

This bonus is only for our select players. To claim this bonus you must make a deposit using bonus code "HOTSEP" before September 30, 2004 23:59 EST and play raked hands equal to 7 times the Bonus Amount within 30 days of making the deposit.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry, I originally stated 20% BONUS which was a mistake.
Old 09-29-2004, 11:23 AM

They used the code to give you the 50 dollars, so you cant use this code
Old 09-29-2004, 11:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
It also looks like they GAVE us 50 bucks as well, with no WR.

These guys have gone way above and beyond on this as far as I am concerned.

[ QUOTE ]
There's 10% Extra (maximum of $100) waiting for you at Empire Poker on your next deposit.

This bonus is only for our select players. To claim this bonus you must make a deposit using bonus code "HOTSEP" before September 30, 2004 23:59 EST and play raked hands equal to 7 times the Bonus Amount within 30 days of making the deposit.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry, I originally stated 20% BONUS which was a mistake.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeh, but the $50 with no WR is shown under my bonus account as using bonus code HOTSEP. Can I deposit again to get the $100?
Old 09-29-2004, 11:27 AM

I just put my money in and did not receive the 10%. When I clicked on bonus account, it said i already cleared the HOTSEP bonus. It was the free money that empire released to me for their error. So I probably will just sign up for the party reload instead.
Old 09-29-2004, 11:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]

I can't belive some people thought they were "offered" the 500 bonus because they were able to use the code, got the bonus and got the automated confirmation e-mail. No you dimwits, to be "offered" something the "offer" has to be made *before* you take advantage of it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Common law offer and acceptance can be done in many ways. It is perfectly feasible to see your deposit of $500 with the bonus code as the 'offer' and their subsequent deposit into your bonus account and their email as the 'acceptance'. The usual roles of offeror and offeree aren't always as cut and dry as they may seem.
Old 09-29-2004, 11:29 AM

Are you sure about that?

The $50 went into my Real Money account, not my Bonus account. No WR as stated in the Reload Offer.

I have already made a cashout request for it.

It's possible the reload code won't work when I try it later if part of what you say is true.