Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Home Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-27-2004, 04:34 AM

Default Great home game I just learned

They told me the game is called "Mr. Big" and I didn't bother asking why, but this one really needs to catch on! The best way I have to describe the game is that its 5 card stud with 2 single card trades. Its played high/low and can be scooped. The beauty of it is how the 5 card hands develop. In the 1st round everyone gets 1 card down and the dealer puts 3 cards in the middle. Players then buy cards from the middle to make their hands. 1st card is 25, 2nd is 50, 3rd is 75. if there's nothing you like in the middle you can take a card off the top for $1 face up or $2 face down. Price of cards can vary according to stakes as this is mostly a pot building mechanism. Betting rounds come after card buying and are spread limit with a 3 raise cap. There is no minimum bet or raise. This allows players to stump betting if necessary. While from outside appearences this appears to be a crazy house game with massive pots, there is a great deal of strategy involved and a smart player can really make away like a bandit with pots this big. Anyone else play this?