Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-26-2004, 06:45 PM

Default Wacky KK hand

I had just sat down, so I had not yet learned something about my opponents, which I will explain when I post the results. In this hand, they confused the hell out of me, which made me slow down. Comments on how I played here?

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (10 handed)

Preflop: Hero is SB with K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, UTG+2 folds, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, MP3 folds, CO calls, Button folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, BB folds, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, <font color="CC3333">MP1 caps</font> (Huh? a coldcall/reraise?!?), MP2 folds, CO calls, Hero calls, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls.

Flop: (23 SB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, CO calls.

Turn: (14 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls, <font color="CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font> (Huh? 2 pair? slowplayed set?), MP1 calls, CO calls, Hero calls, UTG calls.

Was I right to slow down here?

River: (24 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG checks, <font color="CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, MP1 folds, <font color="CC3333">CO raises</font> (Huh? str8?), Hero calls, UTG folds, <font color="CC3333">UTG+1 3-bets</font>, CO folds (Double-huh? It was a bluff raise?!?), Hero calls.

Final Pot: 32 BB
Old 09-26-2004, 08:47 PM

Default Re: Wacky KK hand

You were pretty much committed to the showdown with the 23 SB pot on the flop. Anything outside of that would be pretty read dependent here, and since you don't have any you probably just need to suck it up and pay it off.

To the specifics:

Re-raising the turn was an option. It is always possible that UTG + 1 has a Jack with two clubs.

It is rare to see a three bet at very low limits on the river with just a single pair, but you are getting about 14.5 to 1 and can close the action on the river, so I'm calling.

I'm guessing that it was a massively overplayed top pair hand like AJ maybe even AcJc or .50/1 Party Poker favorites 85o or J8o.

King
Old 09-26-2004, 09:09 PM

Default Re: Wacky KK hand

I probably re-raise the turn and, if UTG+1 caps, then check-call the river.
And if they decide to go berserk on the river like they did, I bite the bullet and call down in hopes of seeing A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
Old 09-26-2004, 11:01 PM

Default Results

Results in white below: <font color="white">
Hero has Kh Kd (one pair, kings).
UTG+1 has 9d 8d (one pair, eights).
Outcome: Hero wins 32 BB. </font>

The thing I had not yet learned about my opponents is that they were idiots. UTG+1 in particular was either a maniac or on major tilt, doing things like capping the river with total junk. I saw him bust out twice and reload in 40 minutes of playing.

Thanks to those who gave feedback. I guess at the micro-limits, I shouldn't be scared by erratic behavior, because it's not that unusual.
Old 09-27-2004, 06:10 AM

Default Re: Results

[ QUOTE ]
UTG+1 in particular was either a maniac or on major tilt, doing things like capping the river with total junk. I saw him bust out twice and reload in 40 minutes of playing

[/ QUOTE ]

Hellooooooo Buddy List.

[img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

King