Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-24-2004, 12:19 AM

Default Scaring Up Democratic Votes

The anti-bush/pro-kerry people, as well as a democratic Rep. Charles Rangel, are up to some dirty tricks

http://michellemalkin.com/archives/000561.htm

e-mail cutout:

There is pending legislation in the House and Senate, S89 and HR 163,to reinstate mandatory draft for boys and girls (ages18-26) starting June 15, 2005. This plan includes women in the draft, eliminates higher education as a shelter, and makes it difficult to cross into Canada.

The Bush administration is quietly trying to get these bills passed now, while the public's attention is on the elections. The Bush administration plans to begin mandatory draft in the spring of 2005, just after the 2004 presidential election.

Pretty sick trick.
Old 09-24-2004, 12:23 AM

Default Adding Kerry to it.

http://powerlineblog.com/archives/007929.php

UPDATE: It gets worse and worse. ABC reports that during the West Palm Beach appearance, Kerry propogated the absurd lie that, if President Bush is re-elected, the military draft may be re-instituted:
Old 09-24-2004, 12:42 AM

Default Re: Scaring Up Democratic Votes

Are you saying there ISN'T such pending legislation, that Dems are behind the legislation, or some entirely different, cuz i dont see how this looks bad on Dems.
Old 09-24-2004, 12:53 AM

The bill is unpassable, Bush and the majority of congress are going to veto it. It was introduced by a democrat who doesn't even expect it to pass. Look at his quote about the issue he says the bill was meant only as an attention getter. Kerry is also using a draft scare technique against Bush in his campaign. And unsolicited e-mails are being sent to college students saying Bush is responsible for all of this, and intends to draft.

In otherwords, the whole bill is just a charade to get more people to vote against Bush. What's worse, is that not only a congressman is a part of this charade, but so is Kerry. The whole thing was started by democratic Rep. Charles Rangel.

I don't know about you, but that looks like a dirty dirty trick to me.
Old 09-24-2004, 01:17 AM

Default please explain

how you expect the war in Iraq to be fought?

You may not want to get drafted, but the Neocons haven't stopped in Iraq. Prepare to fight in Tehran and the Koren peninsula.

Perhaps you believe that guard units will volunteer for more than one consecutive tour in more than one theatre?

The current bill should pass. America should never allow another deserter to become President down the line. No one that states that they had different priorities shouuld ever be granted an exemption, nor allowed to be Vice-President neither.
Old 09-24-2004, 01:30 AM

Default Re: please explain

[ QUOTE ]
You may not want to get drafted, but the Neocons haven't stopped in Iraq. Prepare to fight in Tehran and the Koren peninsula.

[/ QUOTE ]

Regardless of who gets elected, we are going to Tehran. I don't think anything is going to happen in Korea though.

Stu
Old 09-24-2004, 01:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Regardless of who gets elected, we are going to Tehran.

[/ QUOTE ]

Who's this 'we' you're talking about??? I'm sure not going to [censored] Iran.

Anyway, I don't know if you're right about Kerry going to Tehran, but I doubt we'll get a chance to find out. I do think it's a terrible idea to go there at this point.

This whole draft-scare thing is a crock. It was introduced by a Democrat not just as an attention-getter, but as a protest against the war. I thought a rather good one, actually.

NT
Old 09-24-2004, 02:06 AM

Yeah, republicans would NEVER use scare tactics to try to win this election.

Right, Mr. Cheney?
Old 09-24-2004, 02:22 AM

Nothumb,

It is a clever trick, but I wouldn't call it a protest. In a protest you know who is on what side, and who is doing what. You can't protest someone for bringing in the draft when they had nothing to do with it. This situation is very deceptive and even decietful. Especially the e-mails.

I give props to their cleverness, but I just can't respect that kind behavior.

Daliman,
Not all democrats are bad. Nor was that my intent to imply. The subject of this thread is the title of the article. I was very carefull when I said:

"The anti-bush/pro-kerry people, as well as a democratic Rep. Charles Rangel, are up to some dirty tricks"

There are plenty of good democrats out there. In fact, I'm a big fan of Joe Kernan (D). My only beef is shady crap like this.

If you have info that's bad about Mr. Cheney, and I'm sure you do, feel free to post. But, no candidate should be doing crap like this. I would like to know who is behind those e-mails, because that is libel.
Old 09-24-2004, 12:21 PM

"It's absolutely essential that eight weeks from today, on Nov. 2, we make the right choice, because if we make the wrong choice then the danger is that we'll get hit again and we'll be hit in a way that will be devastating from the standpoint of the United States," Cheney told about 350 supporters at a town-hall meeting in this Iowa city.