Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Books and Publications
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-22-2004, 11:05 AM

Default Poker Tracker

I downloaded the trial version of Poker Tracker. I like what I see but as a newbie I really don't know how to use it. I imported the 1000 max hands for the trial version after two days and I am consider purchasing the program.
Questions are:
1. Is it worth the $55?
2. Anything better or as good?
3. Ways to get it for less?
4. Where do I go to find out how to use the information?
holdemfan <font color="green"> </font>
Old 09-22-2004, 11:21 AM

Default Re: Poker Tracker

1) Mine paid for itself in one day of playing 1/2 I think. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

2) Not even close.

3) Don't be cheap. Pat really works hard, implements your ideas almost instantly if they are good, and is all around a guy very well deserving of your $55. PT pays for itself so fast it makes your head spin.

4) Go to the forums at the pokertracker.com site.
Also BisonBison and a few other regulars here have a wealth of info about pokertracker in threads like this one about Auto Rate.

I always have a game time window open for each table I play. I check this whenever I face a tough decision to see stats on the villain. I check it when I am not involved in a hand to study people's stats. And I keep a close eye on it to see if my table has gone bad, if so I leave. (No fish make Rudbaeck a sad player.)

After each day I replay trouble hands, and a few random hands.

You will find out that tight/aggressive is alot tighter and alot more aggressive than you thought before when you have the cold hard numbers on your aggression.
Old 09-22-2004, 11:36 AM

Thanks for the quick post. I'm not cheap, Frugal. Price is only an issue in the absence of value.

My biggest concern was if I could find how to use it. Im not surprised about your tight assesment. I have recently been working hard on throwing away a lot more hands. It has been very profietable.
I did notice the part to look up a player I've played before and find it useful.
Thank You again.
Old 10-26-2004, 12:42 PM

Hey Rudbaeck,

I've now been using pokertracker for a month and find it extremly useful in fine tuning my game. The Auto rater is incredible. I was a loose aggprfp passpostfp. now with over 10K hands I am at 21.5VP$IP 6.8PFlopraise and shy of 1% total aggression. My last 1K hands make me 18.1/7.1 and 1.1. Still trying to figure out how to get my post flop aggression up above 1.5 (as Bison recommends) without becomming broke.

I have also been using pokeroffice. Liked it better at first due to live tracker will help with odds and you don't have to do anything to have the players on your screen. It reads the data as played and instantly loads or removes each player with stats. Once I learned how to use the autorater and poker tracker better I stopped using PO. I wish Tracker would do the auto load so I dont get distracted trying to put in the new players.

I agree that the autorater is huge to determine the table. I sometimes find myself on a table of 70% under 30 VP$IP but they are usually very passive too. I don't stay long but I do find it easy to fold if they get agressive and they are easy to bet into to find out if they have anything.

I love the replay of hands. It's also interesting how much the rakes is. Way more than my winnings!

Thank you for your advice,
Holdemfan
Old 10-26-2004, 12:50 PM

PT will automatically update the table information in the gametime window. Just set the import timer to 1 minute and every time hands are imported, the game time window is updated with whomever is currently at the table.
Old 10-26-2004, 04:17 PM

Thanks,
I know it updates the players you have listed. Is there a way for it to auto enter a player when they sit down and leave with out me typing their name?
Old 10-26-2004, 08:58 PM

While we are onthe subject where can I find the thread about my own stats.

Thanks in advance
Old 10-27-2004, 12:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Thanks,
I know it updates the players you have listed. Is there a way for it to auto enter a player when they sit down and leave with out me typing their name?

[/ QUOTE ]

You have to go to the preferences on the game time window and select the table you are at. Then it will update everytime you download new HH. If they are set to auto update off your hard drive this can be as fast as every minute.
Old 10-27-2004, 01:50 PM

Thank you, I love 2+2. this will be a big help.