Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-21-2004, 10:10 PM

Default Don\'t think you slid it past us, Fossilman.....

We noticed the fish shirt. You ain't fooling anyone. Didn't see the raise amount you made with the 2nd 89, but were the pot odds there?

P.S. Love ya man, but you blew all your chips off with 2x 89 and T9. Pot odds only go so far, and I'm not sure you had them in every instance for the standard opposing hands. Actually kinda disappointed in yer performance, but hey, WTF do i know.

P.P.S. I gotta admit, seeing her on tonight's show, if I met up with Annie, it could be a bit delicate....
Old 09-21-2004, 10:11 PM

Default Re: Don\'t think you slid it past us, Fossilman.....

[ QUOTE ]
We noticed the fish shirt. You ain't fooling anyone. Didn't see the raise amount you made with the 2nd 89, but were the pot odds there?

[/ QUOTE ]

I wonder about the pot odds. I doubt it on the second one.

And he just made another mistake, IMO.

Oh, well.
Old 09-21-2004, 11:38 PM

I was actually very impressed by Greg's play. He is just now becoming a professional poker player and he sat down with 9 of the best in the world. I think that he maybe could have played better, but remember that he was up against Annie who had to show down some questionable all-ins of her own. I thought that the Fossilman was quite impressive. I could see that he was a good player in the main event, but when I began to read his posts I saw that he is trluy world-class. My roommates gave me the "he's another Moneymaker, good but lucky" talk about how he didn't stand a chance in the TOC. I politely responded that my opinion differed. Maybe somethings didn't look perfect on TV, but a player of his caliber has to explain nothing to me. It's not like we get an in-depth look at what is happening at the table the whole. And I know Norman Chad isn't talking about position and tendencies. Good Work Fossilman. I think that if he plays at that table 10 times, he wins at least once. That is saying A LOT!

-Dave
Old 09-21-2004, 11:40 PM

Also, he was trying to play off the other players thinking he would play tight---also if you're getting decent pot-odds in a winner take-all tournament you gotta take them---I thought Greg played pretty well tonight
Old 09-21-2004, 11:41 PM

I honestly wouldnt want to play against Annie Duke anymore. Shes a scary player.Never viewed her that seriously before
Old 09-21-2004, 11:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]

P.S. Love ya man, but you blew all your chips off with 2x 89 and T9. Pot odds only go so far, and I'm not sure you had them in every instance for the standard opposing hands. Actually kinda disappointed in yer performance, but hey, WTF do i know.

P.P.S. I gotta admit, seeing her on tonight's show, if I met up with Annie, it could be a bit delicate....

[/ QUOTE ]

i don't really go for white women much, but me and Annie could chill and do some things if she was'nt married. it was refreshing to see a flower petal at the table among the crabgrass. she seems like cool peoples to me. she performed beautifully.
Old 09-22-2004, 12:01 AM

Aren't you a chick?
Old 09-22-2004, 12:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
but me and Annie could chill and do some things if she was'nt married.

[/ QUOTE ]

Then it seems unfortunate (maybe) for her that she isn't married, I'm sure she has higher standards than some random internet forum guy. Like $2 million higher standards [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Congrats Annie!
Old 09-22-2004, 12:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Aren't you a chick?

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought the same thing for a long time, with the name Desdia and all, but no, he is not a chick, genetically speaking. He has a girlfriend whom he constantly refers to (for bad poker advice).
Old 09-22-2004, 12:18 AM

ya, i guess the name lends itself to femaleness.