Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-21-2004, 10:03 PM

Default evanski TT all in on the flop at UB $25-$50

Dude, that was a really gutsy all-in! First you re-raised pf with TT on the SB! BB and Button calls, then flop is 997, you bet 1K the BB raises 2.5K I believe, and you go all-in for your rest 3K, the guy shows KJs for the flush draw??How did you knew he didnt had a better overpair?I believe you did had a strong read on him for making that all-in, right?
Old 09-21-2004, 10:14 PM

Default Re: evanski TT all in on the flop at UB $25-$50

btw KJ is only a 48% dog in this situation
Old 09-24-2004, 01:18 PM

Default Re: evanski TT all in on the flop at UB $25-$50

The action was folded around to the button, who raised preflop. Id seen him try to pick up blinds in similar situations, so I reraised with my tens. I was not expecting the BB to call, but he did, as did the button. On the flop, the BB would not have come over the top of me with a 9 (I say this based on observations of previous hands), especially with another player to act behind and possibly put in money. Therefor, it was most likely he was pushing a draw. I think, but am not positive, that he would have reraised with qq or better, but perhaps not aces, preflop. Aces, as well as jacks, are a possibility. However, if you look at his possible range of hands, I am ahead of a lot of them, as I was in this case. So I pushed it. He was almost even money with the hand he held, but the moeny in there already made the play easily +EV. If the button had gotten involved after he came over the top of me, it would have been an easy fold.

-Evan