Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-17-2004, 06:31 PM

Default Set of 3\'s in BB

I'm most concerned with PF and the flop. I've got no qualms about calling the first raise, but should I have called 2 more SB when it came back? I did simply because it was capped and I knew I wouldn't have to worry about any other raises.

On the flop I think I should've bet out instead and let UTG+2 and MP3 raise to their hearts' content. This probably would've allowed me to checkraise the turn and get at least one more BB out of MP3 (UTG+2 was going all-in no matter what).

Any and all criticism is appreciated.

PokerStars 1/2 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="666666">2 folds</font>, UTG+2 calls, MP1 calls, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="CC3333">MP3 raises</font>, <font color="666666">2 folds</font>, SB calls, Hero calls, <font color="CC3333">UTG+2 3-bets</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="CC3333">MP3 caps</font>, SB calls, Hero calls, UTG+2 calls, MP1 calls.

Flop: (20 SB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">UTG+2 bets</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="CC3333">MP3 raises</font>, SB folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, UTG+2 calls, MP1 calls, <font color="CC3333">MP3 caps</font>, Hero calls, UTG+2 calls, MP1 calls.

Turn: (18 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG+2 calls, MP1 calls, MP3 calls.

River: (22 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG+2 calls $1.50 (All-In), MP1 folds, MP3 calls.

Final Pot: 24.75 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 24.25 BB, between Hero, UTG+2 and MP3.</font>
<font color="green">Pot 2: 0.50 BB, between Hero and MP3.</font>bet)
Old 09-17-2004, 06:53 PM

Default Re: Set of 3\'s in BB

I like the way you played it. Preflop you should go ahead and call two more bets because you're getting good enough odds to try and flop a set with 5 players in the pot.

I think that a raising war on the flop is great for you, because you'll get a lot of action from people trapped with weak draws such as overcards, gut-shots, etc., whereas if you wait for the turn, people will fold these types of hands and you miss out on the opportunity to collect bets from them. Also, there's a possible flush draw on the flop, so it's not a good flop for a slow-play.