Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Theory
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-17-2004, 02:03 PM

Default Aggression Factor?

Looking at poker tracker, and puzzling over my aggression ratings.

I am extremely non-aggressive preflop but it ratchets up at each step from flop to river after that. By the river I am 5.29! But preflop I am .16! Uh ohs?

(I tend to only raise preflop w/ premium hands and let questionable ones limp. I consider myself strongest postflop, because of my people reading skills)

Is this a huge hole in my game? I do raise and really punch my premium hands and based on how I play primarily low limit NL currently to build my bankroll, they go right along with me.

Thanks guys.
Old 09-17-2004, 02:12 PM

Default Re: Aggression Factor?

If these stats are from NL (I couldn't really tel from your post) then my comments may be completely wrong. Preflop AF should be at least 1, I don;t see any reason to not be raising at least half the hands you play PF. It should increase postflop like yours does, although 5.29 sounds really really high. How many hands do you have in your database?
Old 09-17-2004, 03:21 PM

It's NL and since I just got pokertracker registered, slightly over 1000 hands. I know it's such a small sample... but I found those results to probably be abnormal.

Is there some place I can look to find out what #'s in all categories an average winning player is posting? The only thing I can read with 100% accuracy right now is where it tells me I'm winning money. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 09-17-2004, 03:38 PM

There have been lots of posts on Poker Tracker stats. You can search for them, but you'd probably be better off posting something in the NL forum.
Old 09-20-2004, 12:59 PM

Well, that's the good and bad thing about online. It can be tough to get a "read" on people at times; so, for the most part it's all mechanics and probability. I think that's the way to play it. Bet when you have it, protect it when you don't. (For the most part.)

If it were a home game, it's obviously a whole different scenario; it's a little easier to mix up your table image.