Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-16-2004, 07:38 AM

Default A couple of hands from last night.....

First time poster, been lurking for a few weeks. Looking for some feedback on a couple of hands from last nights session. This place, along with SSH has helped my game tremendously. A special thanks goes out to all the posters that lend their knowledge to those willing to learn, like myself, and Ed Miller.

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (9 handed)

Preflop: Hero is SB with K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. MP3 posts a blind of $0.50. MP2 posts a blind of $0.50.
<font color="666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, MP2 (poster) checks, MP3 (poster) checks, <font color="666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB calls, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls $0.50 (All-In), MP2 folds, MP3 calls.

Flop: (11 SB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(5 players, 1 all-in)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB folds, UTG+1 calls, MP3 calls.

Turn: (7 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(4 players, 1 all-in)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, MP3 calls, Hero folds.

River: (9 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(3 players, 1 all-in)</font>
<font color="CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, MP3 calls.

Final Pot: 11 BB

This was an easy laydown after the 4th spade hits the board, just wondering about the Flop bet.

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (10 handed)

Preflop: Hero is Button with 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. CO posts a blind of $0.75.
<font color="666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 calls, <font color="666666">2 folds</font>, MP3 calls, CO (poster) checks, Hero calls, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (7.50 SB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(7 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, UTG+1 checks, <font color="CC3333">UTG+2 bets</font>, MP3 calls, CO folds, Hero calls, SB folds, BB folds, UTG+1 calls.

Turn: (5.75 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
UTG+1 checks, UTG+2 checks, MP3 checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 calls, MP3 folds.

River: (7.75 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
UTG+2 checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG+2 calls.

Final Pot: 9.75 BB

Did I miss a raise here on the flop?? My thinking was that if I raised I would scare out anyone not holding a pocket pair.

Thanks in advance for any feedback.
Old 09-16-2004, 08:08 AM

Default Re: A couple of hands from last night.....

Hand 1: Played it fine. Flop bet is needed there.

Hand 2: This hand is one of the few times a slowplay is the correct play. You've totally crippled the deck, there are no draws on board, and you have three players left to act behind you who may call holding just overcards. If you raise, you'll limit the hand to people who are either very loose or people with pocket pairs. Unless you know that someone behind you is the type to call two cold with something like overcards, I'd say call here.

I'd say you played both well.
Old 09-16-2004, 10:53 AM

Default Re: A couple of hands from last night.....

Welcome to the forum. Hand 1 looks good. For hand 2 I just play my monsters uber-fast and I usually get tons of action. Tons. Here's a good thread about playing quads fast. bdk3clash plays g00t.

Generally in low limits, playing your monsters fast is the best way to disguise them.
Old 09-16-2004, 11:10 AM

Default Re: A couple of hands from last night.....hey sfer....

What if the 4th spade hit on the river? How would you play it then?
Old 09-16-2004, 11:57 AM

Default Re: A couple of hands from last night.....hey sfer....

[ QUOTE ]
What if the 4th spade hit on the river? How would you play it then?

[/ QUOTE ]

Bet/fold-to-raise

I believe the pot odds are favorable versus none of the players having a spade in their hand.