Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-15-2004, 01:03 AM

Default The Magic 9 Hands Tonight

Of 100 last hands played only 9 were worth noting.

1. Open raise button with JQs, both blinds call, JK9 flop, fold to bet and raise. River check-raise seems to verify someone had a K.

2. Raise with AJ, flop J, get called down by pair of 4's.

3. Raise AJ, bet 234 flop, turn brings Jack, lose showdown to A5.

4. Raise JJ, flop is 7 high, turn is Queen. Opponent has 7Q.

5. Raise QK, blinds call. Flop is rags, checked. Turn pairs board, I bet, both call. Showdown they have the impressive A4 and K8.

6. Raise AQ, Q high flop, get action from QJ.

7. Raise TT, 592 flop, turn K, lose to smart mid-seat guy with 5K.

8. Raise JJ, get re-raised. 9JK flop. Lose to set of kings.

9. Raise AK, get re-raised by BB. Raise rag flop, check turn, river pairs board, call bet, BB has 99.

Please kill me.
Old 09-15-2004, 01:06 AM

Default Re: The Magic 9 Hands Tonight

Thes doesnt matter. Post the entire hand if you want to get feedback on them.
Old 09-15-2004, 01:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Thes doesnt matter. Post the entire hand if you want to get feedback on them.

[/ QUOTE ]

Should I fold overpairs and sets if we know what position the other dude is in?
Old 09-15-2004, 01:08 AM

DEAR LIVEJOURNAL,

No one understands me!
Old 09-15-2004, 01:11 AM

I hate to contribute, but isn't this a waste of electrons?
Old 09-15-2004, 01:23 AM

I think I played at you're table tonight. I was sitting to you're left w/the name of uabeerbum. I didn't know you were a 2+2 poster but when I saw your name on the board I remembered it b/c you knocked me off of 2 nice hands pf w/raises. Good job [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Just looking over my hand history here's what I saw in you're play.

KQ hand: it was an excelent raise b/c it made me toss AJ. You gotta bet the flop there. 2 opponents and a 9 high rainbow board is a must bet. Check the turn if you want a freebe but you gotta bet that flop.

JJ hand: Again, you're raise pf came against my AQo so I had to toss it. I liked you're flop 3 bet but once the turn brings a queen and he still bets into you why are you raising there? I'd say that you can fold on the turn b/c he's representing at least a queen.

92s hand: I don't know if you posted it but I thought you should 3 bet the flop there. Against 2 opponents you're getting even money but sometimes, you can even get a free card if you miss the turn. On top of that it disguises you're hand if the flush hits on the turn.

Thats all the hands I have w/you in pokertracker. Hope the analysis helps.

Scott
Old 09-15-2004, 01:31 AM

Default Guy at my table

Damn, every table I play at has a two plus two'er! I think you have good analysis. I raised the turn with the Jacks against the queen so I could check the river. I think I'm taking this concept too far.

But did you see how I didn't raise when that guy had a set of kings!? And I had a set of Jacks. Now that I am proud of. When he 3 bet pre-flop and then check-called the flop I felt he had a set of kings. But there was no way I could just fold middle set.
Old 09-15-2004, 01:35 AM

Default Re: Guy at my table

I didn't have that hand, but it sounds pretty terrible. How can you check middle set? he could easily have AA, QQ, AK, KQs in addition to KK. I think thats more of a time to get aggro than that other one. You might want to post that hand and see what others think.

Why did you want to see the river for 2 bbs? He's either got a Q or he doesn't. Its only you and him so you have 2 pay 2bbs at least regardless. Why not just check call and let him bluff you if he has A7 or something less than you're JJ
Old 09-15-2004, 02:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I didn't have that hand, but it sounds pretty terrible. How can you check middle set? he could easily have AA, QQ, AK, KQs in addition to KK. I think thats more of a time to get aggro than that other one. You might want to post that hand and see what others think.

Why did you want to see the river for 2 bbs? He's either got a Q or he doesn't. Its only you and him so you have 2 pay 2bbs at least regardless. Why not just check call and let him bluff you if he has A7 or something less than you're JJ

[/ QUOTE ]

I deffinately should have just called the Q7 guy down instead of raising. As for checking middle set, I could do it just because I knew he had a set of Kings. If I posted the hand everyone would tell me I should have bet, but that is because they aren't (justifiably) as confident in their reads as I am. If I'm good enough to know when someone has top set then I should take advantage of that and not let them check-raise me. If I was great I would have folded to the river bet.
Old 09-15-2004, 02:58 AM

What made you think he had top set? Where did you get you're read from?