Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-14-2004, 09:45 AM

Default Multiway Drawing Hand -- should I have been more aggressive?

Bet out on the flop? Cap the flop? Raise the turn? Bet the river? So many questions . . .

Party Poker 15/30 Hold'em (9 handed)

Preflop: Hero is SB with 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="666666">2 folds</font>, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, CO calls, Button calls, Hero completes, BB checks.

Flop: (6 SB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(6 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">BB bets</font>, MP1 calls, MP2 folds, CO calls $13 (All-In), Button calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, MP1 calls, Button folds, Hero calls.

Turn: (8.43 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(4 players, 1 all-in)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">BB bets</font>, MP1 calls, Hero calls.

River: (11.43 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(4 players, 1 all-in)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, <font color="CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB folds, MP1 calls.

Final Pot: 15.43 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 5.16 BB, between MP1, CO and Hero.</font> &gt; <font color="white">Pot won by Hero (5.16 BB).</font>
<font color="green">Pot 2: 10.26 BB, between MP1 and Hero.</font> &gt; <font color="white">Pot won by Hero (10.26 BB).</font>

Results in white below: <font color="white">
MP1 has 4h 6h (straight, seven high).
CO has 9s Kd (one pair, nines).
Hero has 8c 6c (straight, nine high).
Outcome: Hero wins 15.43 BB. </font>
Old 09-14-2004, 10:24 AM

Default Re: Multiway Drawing Hand -- should I have been more aggressive?

I guess you played it as good as it is possible, you might lead out betting the river but you probebly would not get any more bets in the pot, MP1 would need to have a set to raise you on the river I suppose if he is not a very bad player. I guess you are thinking if it is good to cap on the flop and I do not see any reason to cap it on the SB, but on the button I guess a cap would be the right play. And go for a freecard on the turn if not improving. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 09-14-2004, 11:09 AM

you played it pretty much perfectly. no need to be more aggressive on this hand. next!
Old 09-14-2004, 11:39 AM

Big Blind was very smart. When you didnt cap the flop and bet out or check raise the turn I would be 99.9% sure you were on a str8 draw (as there was no possible flush draw)and check raised the flop for value. If your going to make this move you should cap the flop and lead out on the turn. I probably just call the flop.
Old 09-14-2004, 12:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Big Blind was very smart. When you didnt cap the flop and bet out or check raise the turn I would be 99.9% sure you were on a str8 draw (as there was no possible flush draw)and check raised the flop for value. If your going to make this move you should cap the flop and lead out on the turn. I probably just call the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

If I just called the flop I'd have missed out on 3 BBs.

Check raising the turn seems like a chip burner to me. Why do you think that's a good line?
Old 09-14-2004, 01:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I would be 99.9% sure you were on a str8 draw

[/ QUOTE ]

you are either the best hand reader in the world or have x-ray vision. there are many other hands that i would take this exact line with other than a straight draw, with that turn card.