Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-14-2004, 01:58 AM

Default Flush and straight draw without position

Typical loose table. Pertinent reads include UTG (passive), notes says MP1 VP$IP 60.98, PFR% 12.2.

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (8 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
UTG calls, UTG+1 folds, <font color="CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, MP2 folds, CO calls, Button calls, SB folds, Hero calls, UTG calls.

Flop: (10.50 SB) T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG checks, <font color="CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, CO calls, Button calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG calls, MP1 calls, CO calls, Button calls.

SOP.

Turn: (10.25 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls, MP1 calls, CO folds, Button folds.

Leading the turn seems standard.

River: (13.25 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG folds, MP1 calls.

Final Pot: 15.25 BB

I would expect MP1 to bet if checked to though I should be more worried about UTG having a small PP or some junk part of the board.

Just couldn't check and fold this, but am pretty sure that I should have.
Old 09-14-2004, 03:34 AM

Default Re: Flush and straight draw without position

As usual, totally read dependent. Tough to check-fold in a 13 BB pot against a LAG.

There are quite are few folks on Party that WILL call with only Ace high, but what can you beat here that will call you? Even some of the biggest LAGs are not going to call you here with A5, A4, or A2 which are the three hands you can beat. You can't even beat A9.

That being said, if you know this player to call on the end with anything, even King or Queen high, then it isn't that bad of a play, but of the thousands of players I've seen on Party, only a handful are going to call with King high.

Did he/she have a 6? Probably sooted?

King
Old 09-14-2004, 03:50 AM

preflop: good.
flop: good.
turn: sure. I think it's probably good and it's a huge benefit if you can fold another eight or a better ace.
river: I don't think you'll fold both often enough to win, but I doubt it's very -EV.

nice hand.
Old 09-14-2004, 11:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
You can't even beat A9.

[/ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Did he/she have a 6? Probably sooted?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep, A9o and MHING [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]