Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-13-2004, 10:31 PM

Default Call down?

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (9 handed)

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, <font color="CC3333">MP3 (2+2er) raises</font>, CO folds, Button folds, SB folds, Hero calls.

Flop: (4.50 SB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">MP3 raises</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (4.25 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">MP3 bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (6.25 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">MP3 bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 8.25 BB

Should I have called down?

-Sent
Old 09-13-2004, 11:25 PM

Default Re: Call down?

against a fellow brown trouter, i would check fold the turn unimproved, The whole point of knowing that MP is a good player is to avoid becoming enttangled with him. Or her.

peace

john nickle
Old 09-13-2004, 11:40 PM

Yeah actually I think folding the river would've been good, I had a gutshot on the turn as well. He could be trying to push me out with AK or KQ, any 2+2er might play it this way. He had AJ and I was outkicked, at least my money went to someone who won't lose it again [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

-Sent
Old 09-14-2004, 12:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
at least my money went to someone who won't lose it again [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

-Sent

[/ QUOTE ]

I am not sure that is smart poker. When I play Pot Limir or No Limit I want to isolate myself with a weaker player so if I lose I have a good chance of getting it back. To lose a pot to a tight or good player is one of the worst things in my book, that is yet to be written so take my 2c lightly. I would think the same concept would apply moreso to Limit players that are tight since they rarely get involved in pots they dont have a good chance to win, and for cheap since you cannot stack them off.

Tex
Old 09-14-2004, 01:02 AM

I'm never sure about how to deal with these hands vs a decent player. I think I'm inclined to c/r rather than bet out. I'd expect him to raise something I'm ahead of much more often when I lead than to 3-bet with it when I c/r him. I don't think too many people are willing to 3-bet A high or for a free card in this situation with a pot this small.

If he keeps the aggression going I have to decide whether it's worth seeing the turn, but I'd probably call planning to check/fold unimproved.
Old 09-14-2004, 01:59 AM

Against myself, I would check fold the turn. I usaully take the free card on the turn when I have overcards. But thanks for calling. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 09-14-2004, 04:20 PM

Tough call. If you put the MP player as someone who would pre-flop raise with a good hand then folding at the turn would save you a bet. But I think calling down wasn't a bad play. If the MP was a player I would label as solid I would put that pre-flop raise at least in the AA,AK,KK,QQ,AQ,possibly (AJ)category (i.e. you're pretty sure he wouldn't raise w/some weak holding). The raise on the flop would help me since I figure at this point to be behind in the hand but again just my opinon.