Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-10-2004, 12:27 PM

Default Anyone Believe this? THE BOILER ROOM

The self proclaimed scam bag/cheater/colluder /rat...etc

may be he is telling the truth --> Boiler room

I am assuming by some of his posts that he is targetting the 10-20 ; 15-30 and 30-60 ring games at the major sites. He personally plays some of the short handed 100-200 games (hit an run approach)

JAque
Old 09-10-2004, 01:34 PM

Default Re: Anyone Believe this? THE BOILER ROOM

Except for the flat screens, that looks like my college apartment. They could be colluding or just getting an epic game of NetTrek going....it's very hard to tell from a photo if something's illegal or just the result of a critical mass of nerds.

Martin
Old 09-10-2004, 01:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
epic game of NetTrek

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh man, does that bring back memories of long wasted nights back in college. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 09-10-2004, 01:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I am assuming by some of his posts that he is targetting the 10-20 ; 15-30 and 30-60 ring games at the major sites. He personally plays some of the short handed 100-200 games (hit an run approach)

JAque

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe everyone else knows who you are talking about, but could you fill me in? Who is he ?
Old 09-10-2004, 01:54 PM

Default Re: Anyone Believe this? NO

I read some of the website - and can't believe much of what's there. Aside from the fact that several of the pages have eight or ten paragraphs of him rambling and not giving any facts, I found two items to be silly.

The first is where he tells us that he took a small room from a single table of $20/$40 to 17 tables of $20/$40 by bringing in his own cheating players (wow, that would sure bring in a lot of new players to a club, getting cheated everytime they came in).

The second item, which I have read elsewhere always makes me laugh. He explains that the best way to play the Sit-n-go tournaments is to just push the button for "automuck/sitting out and not play until there are only 6 players left. Well, IMHO - it makes no sense to refuse to even look at the hands you get in the first 20 minutes. While I have no problem with someone who wants to play very tight for the first few rounds, sometimes that happens to be when you get your hands. It dosen't make much sense to simply sit out for twenty minutes and then go all-in with your first decent hand, as he suggests.

Dogmeat [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
Old 09-10-2004, 02:09 PM

ROFL

If he is making 65k a day or whatever ridiculous number he claims, you would think he could afford or use better computers than EMachines.
Old 09-10-2004, 02:24 PM

I use an E machine and its just fine I do need a new monitor for multi tabling though any recommendations ?
Old 09-10-2004, 02:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]

JAque

[/ QUOTE ]

I just wanted to point out that it makes zero sense to collude in a game like partypoker 15/30. Most good players play many tables at once. They play anywhere from 4-8 15-30s at a time. It takes some effort to collude profitably in a game like 15/30, and you would always just be better off playing more tables. In a different game, such as the pokerstars 100-200, collusion makes a lot more sense.
Old 09-10-2004, 03:03 PM

Isn't this the cheating tapes guy?

A lot of the claims he makes about live games in California and Nevada seem pretty plausible to me. He certainly looks like a skeezy mofo himself, so I wouldn't be surprised if he's a cheater like he says.

But yeah, he's not one for specifics.
Old 09-10-2004, 03:25 PM

A lot of the claims he makes about live games in California and Nevada seem pretty plausible to me

his claims that colluding happened in live games can't be argued. his claims that doyle and friends are all cheats and contract murderers is where he passed the senility line.

i'm certain that russ is colluding in his rat's nest in seattle, but this 'boiler room' is no threat to a savvy player. he posted that pic to try and recruit students for his 10k, 28 day cheating course.

there is not any guarantee that these are even his emachines. the one filthy torn chair is an indication of how well he is funded.

here is some funny stuff. o'malley posted other "boiler rooms".

http://www.rzitup.com/boilerrooms.htm