Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Do you prefer having rebuys or add-ons allowed in a tournament?
Yes 14 40.00%
No 21 60.00%
Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-10-2004, 10:12 AM

Default The most difficult decision in Internet poker

I was just going to respond to TylerD's post in HavanaBanana's thread, but I felt that the topic warranted it's own thread.

[ QUOTE ]
This always confuses me. If you have a better win rate at Party what difference does rake make?

[/ QUOTE ]
I face this decision every day. Where do I play? The site where I make the most money, has the best software or I enjoy the most?
Every day I could give you a different answer. Most days the answer would be, all of the above. How can this be so?

First of all, I chase bonuses at sites I would not normally play. The $200+ at the Crypto skins each month makes me play in games I do not enjoy simply because the earn is higher.

I first played internet poker on Paradise exclusively for about a year. Because of this forum, I moved on last year to infinitely more greener pastures but I still think Paradise's software is the best. Even though the players there are light years ahead of Party's, I still play an occasional SNG or tourney ther even though it is probably a very small +EV for me. In fact, I felt it was such a small EV for me, I contracted out my last $300+ in bonus money so I could put my poker hours in elsewhere.

Last of all, enjoyment, how often do I play for fun? NL SNGs are my favorite. They can be played in an hour. I can play one or ten depending on how much time I have. Though mostly I am unfulfilled, unless of course I get 1st, there is closure. I know poker is supposed to be just one big session, I forget who said it, but with live play, I have a real problem with it. This is why I prefer SNGs.

As my motivating factor for game selection changes, I guess I am trying to achieve balance in my internet poker play, profit, good software and enjoyment.

What motivates you? I am curious especially about those who don't feed their family from poker winnings.
Old 09-10-2004, 10:57 AM

Default Re: The most difficult decision in Internet poker

[ QUOTE ]
I first played internet poker on Paradise exclusively for about a year. Because of this forum, I moved on last year to infinitely more greener pastures but I still think Paradise's software is the best. Even though the players there are light years ahead of Party's

[/ QUOTE ]

I like Paradise's software, and tend to have better results there. But I play at Party because there are many more games at the limits I play, and that I want to play in the future. This means less waiting, less playing with the same players over and over and across all of your tables, and being able to play at odd hours and still get enough tables easily.