Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-09-2004, 11:34 AM

Default the hand where nobody did anything right

probably no lessons here. temporary insanity strikes the table, and dumb luck strikes me. fun...

PokerStars 0.05/0.10 Hold'em (9 handed)

Preflop: Hero is SB with K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, CO calls, <font color="CC3333">Button raises</font>, Hero calls, <font color="CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, <font color="CC3333">CO caps</font>, Button calls, Hero calls, BB calls, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, MP3 calls.

Flop: (36 SB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(9 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">BB bets</font>, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, MP3 calls, CO calls, Button calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (22 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(9 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">BB bets</font>, UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, MP1 calls, MP3 calls, CO calls, Button calls, Hero calls.

River: (28 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(7 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">BB bets</font>, MP1 folds, MP3 folds, CO calls, Button folds, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 31 BB

Results in white below: <font color="white">
Hero has Kc 9s (one pair, kings).
BB has 7s 7c (one pair, sevens).
MP2 has Ac Jh (high card, ace).
CO has 3h 5h (one pair, fives).
Outcome: Hero wins 31 BB. </font>
Old 09-09-2004, 11:41 AM

Default Re: the hand where nobody did anything right

[ QUOTE ]
probably no lessons here. temporary insanity strikes the table, and dumb luck strikes me. fun...

PokerStars 0.05/0.10 Hold'em (9 handed)

Preflop: Hero is SB with K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, CO calls, <font color="CC3333">Button raises</font>, Hero calls, <font color="CC3333">

[/ QUOTE ]

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

I know the preflop action was crazy, but I fold this. You aren't closing the action, you are behind to any number of decent raising hands from even a moderate player, and you don't have suitedness to make up for it. I don't like this call (I would appreciate hearing from others about it).

Postflop, your flop call is ok, given that you're getting 36:1 on it closing the action. Dear lord. Nice odds.

On the turn, I bet this, and hope BB raises to thin the field. If you've got a good enough hand to call down, I would play this aggressively from here on out. I bet the river as well.

I'm guessing MP2 was all-in somewhere and it didn't mention it.
Old 09-09-2004, 11:56 AM

Yeah, I pretty much agree with you.

Bad pre-flop call. Flop call was fine. Mistake to not have bet the turn, giving BB the chance to raise.
Old 09-09-2004, 11:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
(I would appreciate hearing from others about it).

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes. Fold preflop. Real easy.
Old 09-09-2004, 11:57 AM

Man! It's amazing how often this stuff happens. They just love to build huge pots and hope their crap rolls in. It really sucks when you've got an actual hand and get beat out.

Unfortunately, I wouldn't have been in this one. I would have folded pre-flop. Great fun though. You should play at Pacific that pre-flop on some tables can approach a rate of 50% of the hands.