Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-09-2004, 11:06 AM

Default The Official KotZ #13, NLHE-Heads Up thread

Tonight at 9PM ET we will be playing $20+1 NLHE Heads Up matches. Your chance to go Mano a Mano with your fellow Zoosters! This is the official thread of tonight's event.

I was thinking about scoring and this event differs a bit from others in that the point you are eliminated isn't really the same as when you're eliminated from a regular event. IOW, two people get eliminated in the first round, should they both have the same finish? I decided to just go with however Stars shows the order in the lobby. So someone eliminated in the first minute of their match gets a lower ranking than someone who has a long battle before getting knocked out. This seems fair to me. Then there's the issue with byes, unless we get exactly 32 or 64, there will be byes. For this, you're just going to get a break and get that automatic boost in ranking from not having to play the first round. I don't think this will have much of an impact on overall rankings.

Also, I know we have not issued rankings since last event. I need to get some info from Simon and then I can post a top 20 list to the board, hopefully prior to tonight's contest.

Lastly, it is with great regrets that I will not be able to participate in tonight's festivities. Good luck to everyone as I give you a free shot at the interim title.
Old 09-09-2004, 11:15 AM

Default Re: The Official KotZ #13, NLHE-Heads Up thread

how long do these HU tourneys take? have you guys played one via KOTZ? if so, i was not around.

if someone advances pretty deep, are they going to be stuck playing longer than a normal KOTZ?
Old 09-09-2004, 11:24 AM

Good question. I'm not sure, they played an "unofficial" one last year, but I didn't play. I'm guessing we'll have six rounds with between 32 and 64 players. So give each round a half hour (and it may be shorter) and you're looking at 3 hours which is pretty typical for our events. Early rounds will go longer as there's always one match that goes long. These matches do have a lot of downtime between rounds as you wait out other matches.
Old 09-09-2004, 11:28 AM

thanks for the quick reply.

last question.. if there is an odd number of players, what determines who gets the bye? is it random by software or would the first person who signed up get it?
Old 09-09-2004, 11:29 AM

I'm pretty sure it's randomly assigned by the software.
Old 09-09-2004, 12:07 PM

Granny

I played in one of the daily HU tourneys a while back. They're good fun but you can end up waiting around until one 'epic' contest finishes. It only takes one such match each round for the whole thing to drag on a bit.

Regardless of this, tonight's event should be good fun and a nice variation on the KotZ theme. Nicely timed too as the World Heads Up Championship has just started airing on UK TV in the last couple of days.

Sheriff
Old 09-09-2004, 12:13 PM

i really want to play this. however, last event was too long for me. if toro had not agreed to the chop, i would have buckled in 15 minutes more.

i played in a HU match at stars once that had only 32 people, and the last match took place 5 hours after the whole show started. it was caused, as you say, by an endurance match that slowed the whole field.

i hate to say this, but i think the only way i will play is if there is only 20 or so registered. this is a great KOTZ format tho. it crowns a decisive HU champ.

wonder if cuppy is playing? i need my rematch
Old 09-09-2004, 12:19 PM

Location: Wonderful Copenhagen, home of The Feared Danish Mob

Those of us that are "old" enough remember 2 tennis player, Eddie Dibbs and another american player, wich name I can't remember. He used to play doubled with Dibbs, which made them the oddest team in the circuit as they were both very short and played the most boring tennis I ever saw. They never ventured to the net and returned the ball from the baseline hundreds of times without making a mistake. A real incarnation of the term Crocodile (tennis slang for baseline players)

Anyway, Adriano Panatta (another great old player, italian this time) said once while interviewed at the french open : The only thing I really pray for is to avoid playing Dibbs or (this other guy wich name i can't remember), I will be out there all day!

Please, please, let me NOT draw Lori in the first round [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

William
Old 09-09-2004, 12:31 PM

Please, please, let me NOT draw lori in the first round

You don't know how right you are.... my games take forever sometimes.

Lori
Old 09-09-2004, 12:36 PM

Location: Wonderful Copenhagen, home of The Feared Danish Mob

You don't know how right you are.... my games take forever sometimes.

LOL, at least I know that if you move all-in, my pocket aces are no good! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

GL to you tonight [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] (far away from my half of the draw)

William