Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-08-2004, 01:06 AM

Default live game at umass, hand

playing a live game with friends at umass, blinds of 1/2 there is a dispute about whose chips are whose so me and one other guy are playing heads up in the meantime. we both have about $450, my opponent is pretty easy to read, and not very good.

i have Kc Tc on the button, i raise to 5, he calls. flop comes, Kh Jh Th. he checks, i bet $7, he checkraises $15 on top, i call.

turn is Ah, he says (mildly shocked), "did you burn a card" to the dealer and checks after a seconds thought. i check.

river is Kd, he leads out $30. if i raise, what worse hands could he call with? and btw, if i raise here for value and he reraises me, i think it is possible maybe, but ultimately very unlikely that he is bluffing - it would be a pretty safe fold. comments? btw, i'll post an embarrasing hand with daryn involved later.
Old 09-08-2004, 01:20 AM

Default Re: live game at umass, hand

if he's really terrible, he might call a river raise with a small flush.....against any decent player, no way you raise this river obviously.....but if you think he'll call with the 9h or something, give it a shot.....particularly because you said he's bad and easy to read, you can easily lay down to a re-raise.....
Old 09-08-2004, 01:47 AM

any chance he was going for the oscar with the Q [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]?
I cant really see any worse hand that would call you here,except JJ, but wouldn't he reraise with that pf?

fsuplayer
Old 09-08-2004, 12:28 PM

Bruiser, you have to tell me how you get these games started. The biggest game I can find is with my baseball teammates at blinds of 10 and 20 cents. Maybe my school just sucks.

Justin A
Old 09-08-2004, 12:34 PM

About the hand. I think a raise by you screams the Qh, so if he doesn't have it, he'd be likely to lay down any other hand. The only hands I could see him calling with that you beat are JJ and TT.

Justin A
Old 09-08-2004, 12:43 PM

so you don't think that heads up, your opponent will call you with less than a full house on this board? it's heads up for christsakes. if he needs a full house to call you here you should be running over him.
Old 09-08-2004, 12:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
so you don't think that heads up, your opponent will call you with less than a full house on this board? it's heads up for christsakes. if he needs a full house to call you here you should be running over him.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good point Turnip, my last post now sucks. I forgot this was heads up. I have no analysis for the hand now because I can't play heads up very well.

Justin A
Old 09-08-2004, 12:59 PM

just interested by what you said, my heads up plays isnt great and this is probably why. what would you call his with.
Old 09-08-2004, 01:23 PM

it's very situational, but I would certainly call with any flush and probably any Q as well (obviously Qh reraises). I dunno, I maybe could lay it down depending on my current level of trust of my opponent.

--turnipmonster
Old 09-08-2004, 02:48 PM

he knows i might bluff there, or make a marginal value bet. but turnipmonster, what hands can he call with? any flush - i don't knwo about that...