Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-07-2004, 06:46 PM

Default Heads up vs. hyper aggressive opponents

So I've taken a liking to the heads up low limit matches offered on Pokerstars lately...

Say anywhere from the $5-20 limit I'll often run into Timmy the Hyper Bettor who I can't make heads or tails of. When I finally expose him by calling down a hand I'll see he raised me a hell of a stack on 4/9 offsuit, kept running with it and inevitably lost to my top pair.

That's cool and all but I feel like I'm doing these matches incorrectly. When I try to run right back over them, they'll sometimes just leap right back over the top of me all in and I'll fold it down. I will take a big hand eventually, be 2:1 then slowly he'll work me a bit back down and maybe even make me fold a probable winner with an all in. Then it'll repeat and I'll keep taking a chunk, then give it back slowly.

I'm talking HYPER AGGRESSIVE, throwing 500 chips into a pot of 80 or coming back over my 40-60 raise with 500 again at the river.

Can anyone give me some tips or an optimal strategy here? I win the majority of these (thanks for calling my all in w/ ace/3!), but I feel I could be doing better.

Thanks guys.