Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-07-2004, 01:45 PM

Default Should I have let this go? 15/30 at HP

15/30 at Hollywood Park. This is the 2nd time I've ever played 15/30 (8/16 is my usual game).

The player to my right open raises UTG+1. He's been raising a fair amount, so it doesn't have to be a premium hand. I 3-bet with T [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. Folded to the blinds, who both call (no one ever seems to let go of a blind in this game). UTG+1 now caps it, and we all call.

Flop: A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

UTG+1 bets, I call (??!!), SB folds and BB calls.

Turn: Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

BB checks, and it's on UTG+1. A little background -- on the previous hand, UTG+1 turned over his cards after 3 spades flopped, showing that he had a set. The turn paired the board, and of course his bet took it down...turns out he was against two flopped flushes, both K-high and A-high. So, cost himself a lot of money there.

Now, when it's his turn to act, he says, "I'm going to do it again," and turns over AA. He then bets, saying "you guys can't call."

I call, and so does BB.

River: 8 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

BB checks, UTG+1 looks disgusted and checks, I bet. BB folds, UTG+1 calls, already preparing himself to get pissed off.

The funny thing was, he didn't stop talking about it the whole night. "Dude, you know that was like the worst call ever," he told me. "How can you call when you know I have trip Aces? If you had hearts, at least I would respect it," and things of that nature. I told him I had a feeling the straight was coming.

I think I probably should have folded on the flop though. Comments?
Old 09-07-2004, 01:58 PM

Default Re: Should I have let this go? 15/30 at HP

Of course it's an easy call on the turn, but it's 17:1 to you on the flop, so that's a fine call too. If the turn shows no improvement and UTG+1 is still firing, I think you can safely fold.