Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-06-2004, 08:31 PM

Default Party/Hotmail hand history problem

Within the last week or so, I have found that I only get hand histories from PartyPoker if I request about 45 hands or fewer. Any more hands, and the email seems to vanish into the ether. I have the sent to my hotmail account, so I suspect the problem is with hotmail rather than Party. My mailbox is not full, so that's not the issue, and I had no problem in the past receiving histories with up to 100 hands, which give an email size of about 330 KB.

Has anyone else run into this problem? If so, do you also use a hotmail account? I'm trying to determine for sure whether the problem is with Party or hotmail.

Finally, any suggestions for workarounds (other than requesting 45 or fewer hands at a time)? I don't see anything in my hotmail options regarding a maximum message size.

Thanks,
Dana
Old 09-06-2004, 09:59 PM

Default Re: Party/Hotmail hand history problem

Just get an e-mail at yahoo and switch your e-mail address at Party. 100 hands works fine there. I set up a yahoo account for the sole purpose of dealing with poker sites and getting hand histories. I really don't want the bother having of all that stuff coming to my regular e-mail address.
Old 09-07-2004, 12:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Just get an e-mail at yahoo and switch your e-mail address at Party. 100 hands works fine there.

[/ QUOTE ]
Thanks for the suggestion; I may try it if I can't find another solution. Do you know if you can configure Outlook Express to work with a yahoo account? One of the advantages of a hotmail account is that I can hook Outlook up to it.

For the last 9 months, hotmail did work fine even for big hand histories, so I'd still like to know what caused the recent problem. Have you successfully gotten a big HH within the last few days? If so, that proves the problem is with hotmail and not with Party.
Old 09-07-2004, 05:20 AM

I am on hotmail and have been getting my hand histories fine.

One did bounce a couple of weeks ago and I had to revalidate my email account but since then has been fine.
Old 09-07-2004, 05:29 AM

There is now a pop-up link on party telling you what to do with each ISP if you are having trouble getting party e-mails.

AOL and hotmail have sometimes just blocked any party e-mails before they can even get to your spam folder.
Paradise and UB have had problems with this intermintently as well.

I have since switched all of my poker accounts to an alternate e-mail address because there is never any warning from AOL when they are going to decide that you shouldn't be getting the poker e-mails anymore and there is also no telling on how long it will take them to undo the block and allow them to come through again.
Old 09-07-2004, 11:48 AM

Yes, I already have Party on the "white list" for my hotmail account. I can reproducibly get HH with 48 or fewer hands. I reproducibly fail to get HH with 50 or more hands. Until last week, I had no problem receiving HH of any size. Frankly, I'm baffled.
Old 09-07-2004, 11:53 AM

Dana.. Your troubles is over!

Check the new PP upgrade.. It store the hand history’s local on your computer.. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 09-07-2004, 12:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Dana.. Your troubles is over!

Check the new PP upgrade.. It store the hand history’s local on your computer.. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah, I saw. Thanks. But until Poker Tracker can import the new format, I'll still need to use email for awhile.
Old 09-07-2004, 01:39 PM

Default Update

Well, it turns out that the problem is with Party, not with hotmail. I changed my Party email account to a POP3 account, and I still see the exact same behavior: I request the last 45 hands, and get them promptly. I request the last 100 hands, and get nothing.

Would someone else mind trying the above experiment? I'm wondering if there is a general problem here, or if the Party software has singled me out for persecution.

P.S. Something seems to be seriously hosed with the Party site right now, as there's an enormous waiting list to get onto a .5/1 table. Yet, when my name came up on the list, I wasn't allowed to take the seat. (I wanted to play a few hands and then request another HH to see if I could get more hands this time.)
Old 09-07-2004, 01:44 PM

I was having problems with hotmail saying my mailbox was full because the trash folder had not been emptied. I now regularly empty the trash folder after every few hand histories sent, and everything seems ok.